Philip Seymour Hoffman

Nods Off On Plane After Drinking Binge

2/3/2014 1:06 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0203_phillip_seymour_hoffman_airplane_tmz_wm
Philip Seymour Hoffman was out like a light minutes after boarding a plane in Georgia last week ... after he was seen hitting the bottle at an Atlanta bar ... TMZ has learned.

According to a passenger ... Hoffman was out almost as quickly as he took his seat for the NY-bound jet Thursday ... his head falling forward into his chest.

We're told sometime after the plane took off ... PSH came to ... groggy and disheveled.  After the flight touched down, we're told he was quickly put on a waiting airport cart and whisked away.

As we first reported ... Hoffman had been drinking in a downtown Atlanta bar earlier that day -- just 3 days before his death --  witnesses said he appeared drunk and made repeated trips to the bathroom.

0203_phillip_seymour_hoffman_airport_2_wm

Previous 15 Comments | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12

BROBA

You people are cancer. I'm sorry I even gave this **** traffic.

peaches01

enough about rerporting bad things on this human being! He was a great actor and a family man. Hell l fell asleep on a plane and was resting my head on a stranger,it doesn't mean nothing. Has your mom ever told you that if you don't have anything nice to say keep your mouth shut! He has a family.

Beerkewler

Seriously TMZ. It is a sad commentary in our society today that you have to repeatedly point out ever single sec of PSH's personal struggle. His job as actor was to entertain and he did a remarkable job and will sorely be missed. I can't believe time I turn on my computer I see this glaring headline from TMZ that almost gleefully points out EVERY single possible nuance of this man's private hell. i feel sad for children who will get to learn all of their father's every mistake, EVERY time he made one. I can't imagine their pain but then to have to be witness to every weak moment of their father is heartbreaking. Please let this man rest in peace. But of course you won't...some editor at your company is just gleefully counting the comments and calling it a success. My first internet post. Rest in peace PSH and I hope the family gets some moment to grieve for their loss.

Beerkewler

That Guy

Why is this being reported? He was a little hammered on a plane 3 days prier to his death! I can't believe it!! Im beginning to think TMZ is the one that sold him bad heroin, so they can take a break from reporting on a 19 year old kid acting a fool. Completely rude and disrespectful.. But what do you expect? It's TMZ! It's like their slogan.

Mary

Actually, I'm not entirely sure he was sleeping. For those who do not know, Hoffman has terrible eyesight. I saw him at an awards show where he had to lower his chin and look at his phone a certain way in order to see it clearly. If you look at the photo, he has either a phone or tablet. He could have just been reading. Of course, for TMZ, that wouldn't make nearly as good a story than if he fell asleep because he was drunk and on drugs. I'm with everyone else -- leave the guy alone.

Previous 15 Comments | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12