Philip Seymour Hoffman

Apartment Littered with Rx Pills

2/4/2014 4:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0204-psh-article-01

Besides the heroin ... cops found a laundry list of prescription meds in Philip Seymour Hoffman's apartment ... including pills to treat addiction, ADHD, and anxiety.

According to law enforcement sources ... investigators found methocarbamol (muscle relaxer), hydroxyzine (anti-anxiety), Vyvanse (ADHD), and buprenorphine to treat addiction ... and clonidine hydrochloride (blood pressure).

It's unclear at this point if Hoffman had prescriptions for any of the drugs.

Of course the pills were just a small part of the stash cops found. As we've reported ... there were 50 bags of heroin as well as used and unused hypodermic needles.

Jeff Emmerson

WOW! I am the creator of The Adult ADHD Blog and a BIG fan of Philip's! From Scent of a Woman to many other movies, the man is a legend. I just found out that he was suffering from ADHD ("ADD" falls under the same umbrella). I wonder what role his ADHD played as I was only diagnosed after a suicide attempt at the age of 35. ADHD is absolutely under-diagnosed, and 90% of adults with it don't have that crucial diagnosis to help them know the "monster" they are facing.

I'm working my butt off to raise awareness for adults with ADHD! 21-45% are in jails, and those with the condition are well-known to self-medicate to help ease their racing minds.

Please help spread the word about adult ADHD! This is no joke. Sure - there are a lot of successful people with it, but the majority are fighting a vicious battle. I promise you that, and I know first hand. I was diagnosed by four separate healthcare professionals.

REST IN PEACE, PHILIP!

Jeff Emmerson - Creator of The Adult ADHD Blog

Jeff Emmerson

REST IN PEACE, PHILIP!

Jeff Emmerson - Creator of The Adult ADHD Blog

LVega

Clonidine is also used to treat opiate withdrawal....FYI

Jeff Emmerson

REST IN PEACE, PHILIP!

Jeff Emmerson - Creator of The Adult ADHD Blog

Gail

way too many different meds. Wonder if they were all prescribed from the same doctor.

la_beachrose

I found your article when I did a google search for ADHD & heroin, since many users/'holics use to
self-medicate for ADHD (what my family learned via a cousin, and others using).

Sure enough, there's an ADHD/anxiety drug there, and furthermore (per wiki) ~
"Hydroxyzine has been used in medical practice with opioid analgesics to increase the analgesic efficacy of opioids, and by recreational drug users to maximize the effects of opiates, and/or preempt some side effects of opioids like itching, nausea, and vomiting."

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2