Philip Seymour Hoffman

Family Leaves for Wake

2/6/2014 1:55 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0206-mimi-odonnell-family-gettyPhilip Seymour Hoffman's family left their NYC apartment Thursday afternoon ... presumably to attend the actor's wake.

Mimi O'Donnell watched over the three kids she had with Hoffman as they made their way to the Frank E. Campbell Funeral Home on Madison Avenue.

The wake will be held from 5 - 9 PM EST.

A funeral service will be held tomorrow at the St. Ignatius of Loyola Church on Park Avenue.  The service will be small and private -- only family and close friends.

0207_philip_seymour_hoffman_wake_footer

Leave me alone

For all the people commenting on the smiles- when my husband died leaving me with two young children, I smiled every single time I was in their presence. She can't fall apart in front of the kids. I am sure, alone, in her bedroom, smiles do not exist.

Jen

TMZ, this is low, even for you. Shoving cameras (or paying for the pics) in the faces of CHILDREN on their way to their father's FUNERAL? You are disgusting.

BigSamStewart

It's disgusting that when these kids inevitably type their father's name into Google they'll have to see a picture of themselves headed to his wake.

noel

Maybe she'll remarry someone who's not so selfish. No one needs a druggie as a daddy.

Toilethead

Please leave the kids the hell alone. What kind of monsters are you?

Gretel

I'm as guilty as any of the other TMZ readers, looking at the pictures, making snarky comments, laughing at the comments of others, but there is something so wrong about taking pictures of young children on their way to their daddy's funeral. That is sickening.

tgrfan42069

i feel for the kids.his love for dope puts them in a bad way.

anonymous

That is really ****ty. I'm so sorry for their loss. RIP, PSH

Marla

So Very sad--truly--I hope he has the peace now that he didn't have in this life--Strength to his partner, children and other loved ones--I didn't even know him, and I adored his passion and AMAZING acting skills--Blessings and light to you all at this very tragic time.

J5236

So sad, when I see his picture or one of the family members, I just tear up.

Username333

The most disgusting thing I've ever seen...I don't ever comment on dumb websites, but my father just died and if someone was taking photos of my sister and I on our way to say goodbye...I would of lost it more than I already had .

ETOPS

Pretty hilarious to see the kid brown bag bottling to Dad's wake. Bottom's up kid!

youshouldbeashamed

Shame on you for putting up pictures of these children, they have done nothing to deserve to be photographed and harassed and your act publishing these photos just adds to their trauma and grief, it is totally unnecessary and cruel. You should be ashamed

Luz

So sad! May Philip S. Hoffman rest in peace. And may his family find the peace and strength to carry on.

Sara

Really TMZ? Have some decency. The children should not have to face a swarm of paparazzi on their way to their father's WAKE. You're not known for having the strongest moral compass, but this is bad- even for you.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments