Philip Seymour Hoffman

Rehab Friends

Scared Straight

2/9/2014 1:51 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0209_philip_seymour_hoffman_getty2A group of friends who were in treatment with Philip Seymour Hoffman are vowing to stay sober FOR GOOD following his death ... TMZ has learned.

TMZ spoke with a woman in rehab with PSH -- we kept her name confidential for obvious reasons -- and she says a bunch of people in rehab and Narcotics Anonymous with Hoffman made a pact after he died to not only stay sober from now on for themselves ... but also for Philip.

We're told his death was a "pivotal moment in their recovery" ... because they realized no one is invincible ... even rich celebrities.

0203_remembering_philip_seymour_hoffman_footer

Lucky_130

Hmmm... Maybe I should start using to take a few years off my life. Too bad that stuff is hard to get

Jen

PLEASE for the sake of any dignity you have, stop these stories about Philip Seymour Hoffman. You are trash, trolling for tidbits. Utterly despicable.

KunteKinte

Some of these guys will be back on drugs in a few days. An addict is an addict.

Jessie

They needed his death to show that they're not bullet proof? Good luck to them, but love of family and friends didn't keep him sober.

Eric Cartman

TMZ confirms the rumors are true, Paul Walker had a severe dandruff problem.

They found his Head & Shoulders on the dashboard.

paul a.

Ive been around a lot of addicts. They might be scared for now but it will soon wear off. and they will be back to their old habits.
To quit, you really have to WANT to quit.

MadCharles

Seriously now. They say when you pass a bad crash on the road the promise you make to yourself to drive better last about twenty minutes.

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

If they really truly wanted to quit their dealer's would be sitting in prison right now.

porkchop

Seriously? They couldn't kick for their parents, children, spouses, jobs or health, you think they can do it for some actor who made enough money to keep himself wasted every minute or every day? Never fall for a story from a junkie, guys, even if its the same story from a BUNCH of junkies....get real FFS.

Gsharon 710

Don't wait until someone you know personally dies from drugs. The news about celebrities and others are mentioned all the time in the media. Best thing is to think if you have children, and love one, would you want them to risk their lives and or future because drugs took over their lives. Best wishes to them all.

DirkDiggler

Tmz reporter, see if you still have your wallet. Junkie = Master Manipulator. Probably glommed your phone too.

Chris

There is no cure for addiction. Everyone in recovery knows this. Tabloids like People magazine had PSH on the cover before the funeral. Don't expect TMZ to have any moral compass. If you really care about the children, "just say no" to TMZ and move on,

Doodlebug

In honor of PSH I will never again put anything of poison in my body not even a soda .. I will respect my body. Easy for me I already live that way ..
But I'm sad for PSH 's life and I think I will watch capote tonight

DirkDiggler

TMZ's source was this close to sincerity: ||

Doodlebug

But I'm sad for PSH 's life and I think I will watch capote tonight

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/02/09/philip-seymour-hoffman-friends-rehab-sober-scared-straight-heroin-death/4/#comments-anchor#ixzz2ssfntffA