Shayne Lamas

in a Coma

Loses Baby

2/10/2014 11:41 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0210-shayne-lamas-tmz
update_graphic_red_bar
UPDATE:  2:23 PM PT ... Shayne's husband, Nik Richie, just went on the record with TMZ, telling us, "Shayne had a life-saving emergency surgery.  She is on a ventilator system and is in a sedation-induced coma.  Her vital signs are now currently stable."
update_grey_gray_bar
Tragedy has struck the Lamas family -- Lorenzo Lamas' daughter Shayne (famous for her stint on "The Bachelor") has just lost her baby from a freak pregnancy complication ... and she's in a coma.

TMZ broke the story last month -- Shayne and her husband Nik Richie (founder of TheDirty.com) were pregnant with their second child.  Shayne was 16 weeks along.

But Sunday, at 7:35pm, law enforcement sources tell us paramedics were called and rushed to Nik and Shayne's OC home after Shayne collapsed. She was taken to the hospital.

When Shayne arrived, doctors determined she was bleeding internally around her uterus and the situation was dire.  Doctors were stumped and brought in specialists to figure out what was causing the bleeding.

Shayne lost the unborn child during surgery.

We're told Shayne is currently in a coma and not breathing on her own.  Doctors are optimistic about her recovery.

Nik and Shayne's dad Lorenzo are by her side.

022114_llamas_richie_tmzlive_launch_v4

PinkRoseOfTexas

I don't much care for Nik Richie and his nasty little website which has ruined quite a few lives for various reasons, but I hope that his wife comes through and that they will pull together to get past this tragic loss. The loss of a child is the most horrible thing imaginable.

Veronica

Lamas family, your Cinderella family from all over is praying for her and you all.

Me

Many prayers for her complete recovery.

Kay in San Diego

I lost a baby at 15 weeks and didn't find out for 2 weeks that there was no heart beat at a routine checkup. You will never know the horrific sadness that follows. Don't criticize them, this is a genuine loss.

seahawk fan

So very sad :(

dan15

It's sad enough that she lost her baby. It's worse when she is in a coma. Hope for a fast recovery

KC

I really hope this isn't what I think (PUBLICITY STUNT) Yea, I know, pretty sick. But the details in this story don't add up and another news source confirmed she was never in a coma. What thirsty people...

Me

"We are so grateful that my daughter, Shayne Lamas-Richie, is conscious and stable. She is not in a coma, however she did miscarry the child she was carrying."--Lorenzo Lamas

Sugar Kitty

I remember seeing them on that Couples Therapy show not too long ago. Unless it was an act for the show, their relationship seemed so toxic. When the councelors interviewed Shane she talked about how upset she would get when Nick would go on about the girls he featured on his web site so to get even she would go crazy with his credit cards spending money on herself. They seemed like very different people and fought like cats and dogs. I'm surprised they are still together and were having another child. Good luck to them. I hope they worked out their differences for good or should split up after Shayne, hopefully makes a full recovery.

Winter

very sad, I don't know them but I wish she gets well

momofthree

Tragic.

ChloeMcgee

Really awfully sad and tragic. One minute a young healthy woman is happily pregnant and excited about having her baby and then something out of the blue like this happens, she almost dies, lost her baby and is in a coma. So scary and so so sad.

Sarah's

How sad. I hope she is ok.

who cares

I bet prolife supporters will be on here saying they should have let Shayne die so the baby could live.....

Ninotchka

So very sad. Wishing her and her family the best during this difficult time.