Shia LaBeouf Art Show

He'd Been Crying 'Like His Cat Just Died'

2/11/2014 5:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0211_shia_labouf_art_wm
Shia LaBeouf put on the weirdest art show in L.A. today by silently confronting fans one by one, offering them a variety of odd objects -- like whiskey and a ukelele -- all while looking like he'd been crying for days.

We have no explanation for why Shia set this up, but the show was titled "#IAMSORRY" ... and we sent one of our camera guys inside for a first person account:

"I walk into the gallery. A lady is standing behind a table with an assortment of different items apparently related to his life: whip [from "Indiana Jones"], a Transformer [from "Transformers"], Jack Daniels [he likes to drink?], bouquet of daisies, cologne, pink ukulele, etc. I pick the bottle of Jack and the lady escorts me to the next room separated by a curtain."

"Shia is sitting down, paper bag on his head, hands firmly planted on the table. I introduce myself, offer him tacos. No response. I tell him I find the bag to be distracting and if he'd be willing to take it off. He obliges."

"His eyes are red and puffy as if his cat just died."

"I tell him this all seems incredibly self-serving. No response. I ask him to share a swig of whiskey with me. No response. I ask him if any slimy characters have put their lips on the bottle -- he breaks into a wide smile. Then immediately his face returns to its regular stoic self."

"I tell him I think he's a good actor who's wildly misunderstood. I ask him if I can take a picture. No response. I say I'm a nice guy, please don't punch me in the face. I take a picture. He doesn't move. I thank him for his time and extend my hand -- he shakes it. I leave."

That's it. Perfect follow-up to his "seagulls" press conference

We'll be having nightmares for weeks.

Pure Evil

This is all an act. I know because I'm satan and I gave him his career in exchange for his soul, but he had none so I took his career back, and now he's just bored.

KET

You know, maybe it's time to give it a rest. This is obviously someone who is on the brink of a breakdown and you have become the online bully getting your jollies out of watching him self-destruct. Hoping if you pick at it enough, you'll be able to cover his suicide?

cms

He is doing heroin look at his pupils they are pin points....he needs help....very said he is such a good actor

team weiner...lol!

Another intervention will be needed, but at least this will be for someone that is good at what he does...

Rachel

Such an original piece, I wonder what gave him the idea....*cough* Marina Abramović - Rhythm 0: 1974 *cough*

Daniel

I think he is just an artist, being an artist, living in a world made of art.

Rickel

He might just be the best celebrity. This is so sarcastic and awesome.

Rich

Another Joakim Phoeinix (however you spell it) type PR stunt. You'll see.

crissyred

what would hollywood be without the quirky stars it produces.. bless him xo

Calico

This seems very Yoko Ono-ish, but yes, Shia has some, um, issues.

Bird

I have a feeling it won't be too long before we're reading about his suicide.

TMP

Like some others have said... there are a few things that could explain this. 1) He's on some crazy drugs. 2) He's losing it and needs help. 3) He a huge attention whore and thinks this is the way to go about getting the attention he wants.... which is working, since he's getting attention and all. Personally, his behavior is so erratic and odd that I think he's on something AND needs some kind of mental help. Odd behavior is one thing, but seriously, this is just... weird.

The Zombie

I think that's pretty effing awesome.

tigr9115

Shia is one of my favorite actors. I look forward to his next venture. He is talented and smart. I hope he finds the peace he seeks. Hey, Shia...cherish life. La'Chaim!

Marcus

I'd cry too if I had the name Shia LaBeouf. I don't know what Shia means, but LaBeouf means "the cow"