« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Lamar Odom

Touches Down In Spain

Media Circus Underway!

2/20/2014 7:21 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0220-lamar-odom-spain-fameflynet-02The Odom has landed.

Lamar Odom's Spanish basketball career is officially underway ... with L.O. arriving in Vitoria-Gastiez, Spain on Wednesday to join his new team -- and the media was ALL OVER THE GUY.

Odom signed a 2-month contract to play for the crappy Laboral Kutxa basketball team -- a team that's last in its division -- and many skeptics say they only signed Odom as a shameless P.R. move.

Just  look at the photo ... dude's been swarmed by the media since he stepped off the plane.

Still, Odom sees the whole thing as an opportunity to prove he can still play -- and believes it could lead to a triumphant return to the NBA.

He's expected to hit the hardwood as early as Saturday. Stay tuned ...

0220-lamar-odom-spain-fameflynet

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

biggbear

Get off his nutz!!!!

think101

OK, I'm sure you will let us know. We'll just sit right and wait.

-listen up-

Good for you Lamar, you will do great!!

bernergirl

He is at least 3 feet taller then the Papparazzi there.

Teresa andrews

I like Mr. Odom. Despite his drug problems, he has always seemed like the most authentic and sincere member of the Kardashian clan. I hope he does well and gets his life back on track.

Greg

Lamar has my support. Serious guy willing to go low to get back up. My prayers for your success.

englishpetal

Good for him. Did what tebow wouldnt, accept less in the short term to get more in the long term. Hope it works out!

MGFunk

Lamar, ravage as much Spanish poontang as you can and play your balls off on the court- Sounds like a great life decision to me. (...but keep it hooded)

Marta

Hi there! I'm a girl from Vitoria-Gasteiz, and I just wanted to say that I'm really offended by the information in this article. Not only are you uninformed, but you've also taking the liberty to insult gratuitously (calling crap) my beloved team Laboral kutxa. So I feel I'm in need of providing your readers with reliable information. Laboral kutxa is one of the best teams in Spain with 14 titles (spanish and europeans) in their possession. It's not true that it's last in its division, it's 9th of 18 teams, as this season is not being the best for us, that's why we are relying on Lamar to help us approach our glorious past years.
On the other hand, the reason why there are so many reporters (not paparazzi) in the picture is 'coz that's the moment of his official launch ceremony.
So my advice for the next time: plz, do some research and don't ever forget to be respectful with other people and cultures.

bigdog13

crappy Laboral Kutxa????
former players include Luis Scola, Tiago Splitter, Andres Nocioni, Jose Calderon, Goran Dragic, Mirza Teletovic, Pablo Prigioni, John Lucas III...

Baskonia

Baskonia one of the best teams in europe in last 15 years. ****ty article.