Ernie Hudson

I Just Heard About Harold

I Owe Him Everything

2/25/2014 12:35 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

022514_ernie_hudson_launch
Ernie Hudson was shaken as he met our photog outside a terminal at LAX, having just learned his "Ghostbusters" co-star Harold Ramis had died.

Ernie is emotional and what he says is clearly heartfelt. He humbly confesses he probably wouldn't have had a career without Ramis ... and then goes on to explain why he was such a legend in the movie business.

And on a sad note ... Hudson says any possibility of a new "Ghostbusters" movie is now out of the question.

0224_remembering_Harold_Ramis_footer_v3

Vote2012

Harold was a great guy and so is Ernie .....both decent people.

Phil

Very humble words.

Mark

E-Gone and left us! Loved Harolds SCTV, dialing for dollars movie triva bit, classic! RIP

al baby

I have always love Mr Hudson and his work never heard him just talk what a cool and decent man

B4-I-FU-RU-18?

Who ya gonna call.

Dennie

I'm surprised at how different Ernie Hudson sounds. I guess when playing characters, especially in comic roles, he changes up his voice a bit. My heart goes out to him regarding the loss of what must have been a cherished colleague. RIP, Harold Ramis. Your smile and talent will be sorely missed.

JC

Jeez, TMZ. The guy JUST learned his friend passed away. Give him some time to grieve.
That said, Ernie was really nice about it. Very kind words about Harold.

DirkDiggler

That's a big twinkie

RD

These slimy camera guys are just the s*** of the earth. Acting like they care about the subject or the person they are talking to. I guess if you have no talent or skills and selling blood isn't an option, you can always be a s***my paparazzi.

John

RIP Harold.

BTW what's up with the deluge of spam postings lately

JokerMan774

Hell of a lot more feeling there than what Bill Murray had to say. This is how you tell who the decent people are in show business. Hudson was right, not everyone can do both.

smittycal

I hate the fact that he called him Winston at the end. That ****ed up an otherwise decent impromptu interview.