Chris Brown

In Jail for the Long Haul

3/15/2014 7:19 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0314_chris_brown_tmzChris Brown will probably spend the next month behind bars, and possibly a lot longer.

TMZ broke the story ... Chris was arrested and jailed Friday after getting thrown out of the Malibu rehab facility where he's been living for nearly 4 months, per judge's order.  The judge in the Rihanna case ordered Chris to stay at the rehab joint until April 28, when his D.C. assault case goes to trial.  But Chris broke the rules, was booted, and Sheriff's deputies hauled him to jail.

Brown's lawyer, Mark Geragos, will appear in court Monday, trying to convince the judge to cut Brown a break and let him either go to another rehab facility or go on house arrest pending the D.C. trial.  That will be an uphill battle, given that this is the second rehab facility that booted Brown.

The D.C. trial is set for April 17.   Geragos has a pretty strong defense -- there are problems with the prosecution's case.  But if Chris is found guilty, he could end up in PRISON for breaking the law while on probation in the Rihanna case.

The stakes are high.  Brown has a lot to think about behind bars.

DianeFromDelmont

Is it just me or is his coloring & weight loss making him look sickly?

TeamBreezy

everyone in life makes mistakes. Chris happened to make a huge one but at the end of the day he is still human and the media really needs to give him a break. Yes he has done some horrible things but he clearly states how he regrets them and is still learning how to better himself. He is only 24 years old and has had a lot of weight on his shoulders lately. But despite that, he is still pushing himself to improve every single day. Its not easy but he is trying. I wish everyone would treat him nicer because he is truly a good-hearted person and he's not this bad guy people may see him as. I really hope his lawyer will be able to convince the judge to let him enter a different rehab facility or house arrest. Jail is a horrible, horrible place and I don't think Chris Brown deserves to go there. Praying for you Chris that things will get better soon and I hope Mark Geragos will be able to convince the judge to go a bit easier on Chris. I love you Chris and please stay strong!

vettman

Haw, Haw, Haw Bout time!!

jeff boy

Can we swap out Beiber for Brown.. Send Beibers gay ass to jail..

tbone

I am so glad the bastard is finally in jail. I hope he dose not bend over to pick up the soap.

Robae

Best news I've received all day.

Eye roll

Who cares? Seriously? I just sharted my pants and no one cares boo hoo hoo yall

JF928AZ

Chris brown is irrelevant. He needs to go get a hollered degree, and make something of himself.

JF928AZ

Fn auto correct. Chris Brown needs to go make something else of himself and get a COLLEGE degree.

16adamsj

Its men in this world that beat women, men, and children every day is in this world. Some do it on purpose and some do it out of anger. It's been multiple years since the whole Chris Brown and Rihanna situation. I'm not saying he was right for what he did but I'm not saying he was wrong. We have to realize that at celebrities are humans at the end of the day. They make mistakes as well as we do. The difference between us and them, we don't have people watching us 24/7 putting out every single mistake we make or flaw we have instead of praising the positive things we do. Besides who are we to judge. At the end of the day he worked for everything he's has. The moment we quit bugging that man and bringing up that situation in every mistake he makes is the day we realize he just another human who makes mistakes as well as we do.

emmyg

Wow. Wish the law worked like this where I live.... If he was being dealt with here in Canada he would be free in a few days AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN.....

FistfulOfYourFace

Finally!! Every celebrity who breaks the rules should be treated like everyone else. No more special treatment and getting away with **** you ****tard

MJM

Hope this punkass ends up being someone else's bitch in jail. Don't let the bars hit your ass on the way in Chris!

tal0822

I'd like to see how his lawyer can stand in front of the judge asking to cut Brown a break, with a straight face.

Bill5martin

At this point. I would say F**k it & take the jail time. I would say screw the probation. Since they have been running his life since it happened. He will be put in protective custody. So I personally would do the remainder of the time.