Homeless Screenwriter

Without My 'Lawsuit' ...

Disney Wouldn't Hire Hispanics and Blacks

3/24/2014 12:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

032114_homeless_launch
The homeless woman who filed legal docs to force Disney execs to read her 2,000 page script says she took legal action because it was the only way she could get Hollywood's attention.

TMZ broke the story ...  Jo Anne Vandegriff wrote the Civil War mini-series -- which she estimates would require a 6-month run -- and hoped to get Halle Berry, Amanda Bynes and Armie Hammer in starring roles.

We tracked down Vandegriff in Santa Monica -- and she says she filed with the court because Disney doesn't accept unsolicited scripts ... and her hail mary is getting a judge to force the studio bigwigs to look at it. Kinda brilliant.

She also thinks Disney needs to produce her mini-series because it's severely lacking roles for Blacks and Hispanics.

Check out the video ... Vandegriff is an interesting woman. When she's not writing or panhandling she's taking computer programming, web design and database management classes at Santa Monica College ... which she attends for free because she's low income.

So, we gotta ask ...

Doodlebug

She's looney

Doodlebug

Where does she shower

AxlRose

Stay off the Brownstone.

BLUE UGLY 💩

only TMZ would claim she is somehow brilliant

LK

Poor lady I hope some one that has the means 2 help her out does with a plc 2 live & maybe employment . She is not stupid @ all . imo

Dr. Cornelia J. Dogbarker PhD

Rich Hollywood producers love being told what to do by stinky worthless homeless bums. I'm sure they'll cave to her demands ha ha.

bernergirl

Just because she has lucid thoughts does not mean she is brilliant. She can still be bat crap crazy who reads. The unibomber wrote a manifesto. She sounds more like him with her delusions of grandeur.

nof

She sounds like Under-Dog-Lady from the Stern show.

Wants to save everybody at all times.

All races, peoples, cultures -

Can't she just go to Super-Hero Camp?

Fly Hispanics on to the Disney lot?

And for KNOWN casting-calls?

"Look up in the sky..."

"It's a bird - it's a plane - "

"No, it's RACE-Saver!"

NOT ELMO

it's severely lacking roles for Blacks and Hispanics.....................I HEAR THE NEW FANTASTIC FOUR REBOOT WILL HAVE JET LI AS MISTER FANTASTIC, GO ASIANS!

nof

When he's not in jail or prison?

My kid brother's on the street.

Hepatitis, alcoholism.

Boils down to mental illness.

Do you want to get treatment -- or do you not want to get treatment.

Cuz I've killed myself.

"Treatment and sobriety - "

Year in, year out, year in, year out -

The Bronco didn't ride and throw ME.

I rode the Bronco.

If I write something decent?

Disney and everyone else?

Have enough opportunity for everybody- any age.

All kinds of Affirmative Action things.

Calling a Studio out for Discrimination?

Then wanting them to read a rambling tele-play?

Is convoluted.

It's like putting THE THREE STOOGES.

In THE GODFATHER sequel.

I feel terrible when anyone's on the street.

But so does everyone else in Hollywood.

Umanyways

The whole Disney not hiring blacks & Hispanics she's like 20 years late on that. You can go to imdb and see many ethnic actors in their movies & tv. Even well known actors & actresses!! The princess & the frog? Oz had a main black guy, Disney channel filled with black & latins! Selena Gomez anyone!! This homeless person should just focus on her script & the story and not the whole racist Disney rant that's just not gonna fly.

Bill5martin

This is how companies get tort reform passed, because of idiots like her. I would burn the script right in front of her. This is lawsuit is BS. I watched a do***entary about the McDonald's hot coffee lady. The one who won millions from McDonald's. After watching it & how McDonald's used it for tort reform. I thought the woman should have gotten more. Just watch "hot coffee" on Netflix. I don't get how a homeless woman filled a lawsuit. I would think there are court fees. No lawyer would take the case.

bernergirl

2/3 of her carachters stated in the interview of her lawsuit are Caucasian.

TMZCrazy

She's right about Hispanics. Thanks for saying it.

Crabby

waste of taxpayers money, bitch has all this time on her hands she should be looking for a job and not filing frivolous lawsuits. I hear VIVID is always hiring, maybe she can do backdoor homeless sluts of santa monica

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments