« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Shaquille O'Neal

Under Investigation

Allegedly Punched Man at TV Studio

3/24/2014 9:19 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

103013_shaq_primary

Shaquille O'Neal is under investigation by Atlanta Police ... after a man claims the ex-NBA star punched him at Turner studios last year ... though Shaq claims the two were simply horsing around.

According to the police report, obtained by TMZ Sports ... 44-year-old Robert Williams claims he was working at Turner Studios, where Shaq tapes "Inside the NBA" ... when he was attacked by the big man just after midnight.

"While at work at Turner Studios on May 9th 2013, about 12:30am, as I was performing my duties at work, Shaquille O'Neal ran out of a room and hit me with a tackle punch to the back knocking me down and falling on top of me injuring my neck and back."

Williams says he reported the incident to Turner Security and was placed under medical care ... though he did not file the police report until July 2, nearly two months later.

As for Shaq, he claims the whole thing is being blown out of proportion -- his attorney told WSBTV, "This was nothing more than horseplay. No one intended for anyone to get injured."

Cops tell TMZ Sports no charges have been filed against Shaq and reinforce that Shaq was never arrested ... but the matter is still under investigation.

update_graphic_red_bar
7:59 AM PT -- The accuser, Rob Williams, apparently worked as a camera operator on "Inside the NBA."

032514_shaq_rob_williams For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Just Steve

Shaq looks a little hungry

Teresa andrews

I call B.S. Somebody is looking for a payday.

free willie

Just buy him a pair of sneakers

Sillywilly

He just ran out of a room and hit him? There MIGHT be more to this story.

angryblackman

Hope they don't kick him off tnt cause him & barkley going at it be funny af

Sips

Isn't Shaq a cop or something or was that just for TV

Choade McPooter

Horseplay vs horsepower

Yurra Knutz

Minding my own business and for no reason... I was Shaq attacked.
Then, the 325 lb guy fell on me.

MY NECK!
And.. My back!
My neck and my back.
Oh the pain, the suffering.

Write a me a check with lots of zeros and we can forget the whole ordeal.

Ron Fing Swanson

" I was just horsing around" - OJ Simpson

MILK

Isn't he the NBA player who has AIDS? He shouldn't be punching people...

Laughing at celebrities is fun.

If shaq hit him he still wouldn't be awake or dead.

andrewlala

Shaq, u could of at least jumped on Stephen Affirmative Smith.

BeiberVegasHoHo

$$$$$

BeiberVegasHoHo

If Shaq had if been 6 or 7 inches shorter, he would be serving you Big Macs!!!!!!!!!!!!! With genetics nowadays, these ballers are dunking way too easily. Need to raise the hoops 12 inches! P.S. have u seen J.B play? He's pretty fly for a white guy :-)

BLUE UGLY 💩