'Scandal' Star Columbus Short

In Bar Fight

Cops Investigating

3/25/2014 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

03-24-14-columbus-short-tmz
Columbus Short
-- who plays gladiator Harrison Wright on "Scandal" -- was involved in a bar fight in which the other guy ended up in the hospital and cops are now conducting a criminal investigation.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... Short was at Gabe's Bar and Grill in L.A. on March 15 at around 10:45 PM celebrating a couple's engagement ... when he started arguing at the bar with another partygoer.

We're told the other guy pissed Short off by making a comment along the lines of, "You might be richer than me but I get my girls to buy me everything I want including your wife."

An eyewitness tells TMZ Columbus then came up from behind and sucker punched the guy.  The eyewitness says the man's nose was broken and he was rendered unconscious for several minutes.
We're told Columbus quickly left the bar.

An ambulance came and took the 37-year-old man to a nearby hospital.

Cops are now investigating a criminal battery.

It's not the first time Columbus used his fists to make a point.  In March, 2010 ... Columbus was playing basketball at an L.A. Fitness gym when he got into an argument with another player and socked the guy in the face, knocking several teeth out.

032414_colombus_short_lauinch

We reached out to Columbus ... so far no comment.

Truth

GENETIC LINKS TO KIMYE AND CHRIS BROWN. SAME FATHER BUT 3 BABYMAMAS... TYPICAL BLACK PEEPS. #TRUTH!!

Stormy

If the man was really making degrading comments about someones wife then he got exactly what he deserved, and I feel no sympathy for him whatsoever.

gegeok

Lol.... I bet the guy will shut da freak up next time..

Lucey

I find that kinda sexy lol. He's not a tough looking guy but he's got it in em. Go Columbus!

hbk72777

blacks are savages, news at 11

think101

Actually when you talk about someones wife and turn your back to them, your asking for it. I wonder if the women will continue to buy him stuff knowing he's bragging about. He's a disrespectful pig and got what he deserved.

Derah

They're both idiots!

LastOfADyingBreed

Dammmmmmm!!!!! Lmfao this guy knocking eyes out sockets ... I need him on my TEAM ASAP

The New Improved Sock Puppet

Maybe because I'm a bit older and secure in my long marriage but I think if someone made that kind of comment to me, especially some drunk in a bar, I'd consider the source. Then, if my wife was there we'd have some fun with it. I'd also be prepared to kick his ass if I had to, but what would be the point.

bhenson

Guessing he could have used some Bar-jutsu!

Octavio da great

Some of you guys on here are straight punks wouldn't defend for your wife. That's why your always wondering here she is because you don't make her feel safe so she finds the next. Defend your wife's **** because if you don't the next guy will.

jabberjaws

Well after the lawsuit, he won't need his girls buying him things anymore.

Observer999

Black people sure do seem violent.

Audrey

Whatever! That's what's wrong with people today! They feel like they can just talk shyt and get away with it! If you says something that warrants a butt whipping then you should not be surprised if you get one! The problem today is that cowards hide under 'assault' when it's their loud mouths that got them in trouble anyways! Hell, we already know it doesn't take much for cowards to feel 'threatened' and need a gun to protect their tongue. We're growing a society full of arrogant cowards! And society makes it worse by calling the person that retaliates a 'thug' -- well, only if he's Black...let's be honest.

hotbitch

I don't think Columbus is married though. He divorced a few years ago when he was messing around with Britney. He used to be dancer! Love a man that can handle his s**t..

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments