Jennette McCurdy

Feud with Nickelodeon

Is All About Money

4/2/2014 7:36 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Jennette McCurdy Feud NickelodeonJennette McCurdy's beef with Nickelodeon is strictly about the almighty dollar ... and how she makes less than her "Sam & Cat" co-star Ariana Grande ... TMZ has learned.

McCurdy was a no-show at the Kids' Choice Awards over the weekend, and took to Twitter to air her grievances, writing, "I was put in an uncomfortable, compromising, unfair situation (many of you have guessed what it is) and I had to look out for me. I chose to not go because sticking up for what is right and what is fair is what my mom taught me is ALWAYS the most important thing."

McCurdy was quick to explain she was talking about Nickelodeon and NOT her racy photo scandal.

Our sources say the source of McCurdy's dissatisfaction is rooted in her paycheck. We're told the pint-sized star is pissed that Grande makes WAY MORE money than her and she's been trying to renegotiate her deal ... so far to no avail.

The show is one of the most popular on the network, but production has been halted and so far a second season has yet to be ordered.

We're told McCurdy doesn't have a problem with Grande personally ... just with Nickelodeon. For their part, a rep for the network says, "We have nothing but the utmost respect for Jennette and her talent."

en Todo Momento!!

it's the age old chess move, 'divide and conquer'. they are not really 'paying grande 'more', nickelodeon is 'paying them the same'. it's her endorsers, her endorsements (latino based, most likely) who is 'adding to/on top of what nickelodeon is paying', to create a 'racial rift'. probably a very 'significant sum', thus the contention. as i said: the age old chess move. it always works like an evil charm.

Nopenope

I heard she and the other girl boycotted it bc someone got an award that uses underage kids on the casting couch

boo boo

JM is the more talented actress, Nick just pays AG more to keep her from leaving to be a full time pop star. The show is dumb and annoying, but my kid LOVES it.

Frank

Miranda Cosgrove boycotted the show along with Jennette and Miranda won an award. There is so much more to this story but money buys people's souls in hollywood.

Stephiemark

Dan Schiedner was her problem - not money. Stop lying.

ThaMartarded1

Don't know the show, or either of the girls....but good for her.. stand up for yourself, and fight for what's right!!!

hotbitch

This bitch again......

Turnableryme

She probably makes my year or so salary off one episode. Ok so she been with nick for over 7 years and grande is fairly fresh for the most part but thats life. It aint fair. My damn boss is younger than me. Gotta suck it up. If you dont like it talk to an agent to go abroad. Dont riot cause you'll loose everything and know one will sign you on. If I were you. Audition for something else then if it turns out for the best leave nick and show them what they lost.

kitten roulaine

This woman should not be on Nickelodeon ! She's too old, NOT cute or attractive, and is not relatable to anyone especially tweens! She look's like Esmerelda from Bewitched.

Mike

Soon she will be calling NBA player Andre Drummond back when Nick decides to let her go

lowie

She had a contract I'm sure , she needs to fulfill it and girl up and be a strong business orientated female , and keep that sweet piece to her self

tangerine42

Grande a bigger star..that's why she get paid more.

Diane

The show is called Sam and Kat. She's Sam. It's a two-person show. She should be paid the same as her costar.

Mr. Mojorisin

Idk why but I just feel like this girl would be a crazy gf

Shag

Why does she have a problem with her co-star making more money? She signed the contract!!! Sick and tired of people who sign contracts and than complain they are treated unfairly. Did you read the contract before you signed it? Sounds like your co-star has a better agent and is smarter. Good for her.