Mickey Rooney

Estranged Wife Crumbles

in Burial War

4/11/2014 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0411-mickey-rooney-cemetary-getty-01Mickey Rooney can finally rest in peace -- his estranged wife has agreed to give up her fight to have the actor buried in a small family plot 30 miles West of Hollywood ... so he can be buried with movie legends instead.

Jan Rooney -- who separated from Mickey two years ago -- just filed legal docs, agreeing to let Rooney be buried at Hollywood Forever Cemetery, alongside film legends like Cecil B. DeMille, and Rudolph Valentino.

Jan wrote, "Despite my strong desires to be buried with my husband, I feel that I owe it to Mickey's fans to allow Mickey to be buried alongside other members of Hollywood royalty."

Jan claims Mickey had long wanted to be buried with his mother at a nearby family plot, but Mickey's lawyers have said the actor changed his tune in the wake of the couple's split ... wanting to be buried somewhere with a connection to Hollywood film stars instead.

It's unclear when the burial will take place.

update_graphic_red_bar
11:30AM PT -- A judge just ruled that Mickey's stepson and his wife cannot attend the services, per the new burial agreement.
update_grey_gray_bar
0411_remembering_mickey_rooney_footer

liberal racist

dudes gross, probably worse now

Billy

Jayne Mansfield isn't buried at the Hollywood Forever cemetery. She has a marker there, but it is just a cenotaph to honor her Hollywood connections. Jayne was actually buried in Pen Argyl, Pennsylvania.

Chgome

He should be buried with Hollywood celebrity, he deserves it. RIP Mickey, you brought many smiles to people over the years. Live on forever in your movies.

Mandy

Jayne Mansfield is not buried there. It's a cenotaph .

Sonny

I don't understand why the stepson is involved in this. He left his whole estate to the stepson, what about his surviving 8 children?

Anonymous527496

Wait...the lady had "strong desires to be buried next to her husband" but yet she was estranged from him for two years? Seems to me she only came around now that he's dead.

mjstf

Wow, how sad. To be separated at 91. Clearly it was very painful for him. So sorry she could not be the wife she promised to be.

Rich

Well I have little money so Ive prepaid my burial...no need for drama. BUT my old computer could be a issue of battle...lol

A.D.J.M

Once mickey is put to rest, that is when the true greed will come out from both sides.

Lisa

How can you ban someone from a funeral? Wtf?

phil osopher

Jan you and your son and daughter in law are nothing more than thieves. How long have you three been stealing his money? You had me fooled Jan, Facebook friends and such.
You caved because you knew you didn't have a rat's a$$ chance in hell of winning. I hope it was worth it to you because what you did to Mickey is despicable.
You'll end up in hell eventually.....until then, you'll have to live with yourself and the destruction you did to both Mickey's soul and bank account.

Toilethead

He hasn't been planted yet?

Chweener

Wow! The fact that the new agreement bans her and that rat bastard stepson pretty much sums it up why they found out he died from TMZ. In my opinion, nobody should be allowed to challenge the wishes of the deceased and where they want to be laid to rest.

Machelle

Wow...they can't attend the burial?!?! Burial agreement? Hollywood...smh

Vote2012

I always heard he was a very nasty bitter guy, always angry never friendly to anyone.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments