Selena Gomez' Parents

BLINDSIDED By Firing

4/14/2014 12:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0411-selena-gomez-and-parents-getty-01Selena Gomez's mom claims she got ZERO warning that the singer was axing her as her manager ... until TMZ broke the story.

Selena's mom Mandy Teefey says she and Selena's stepdad sat down with the singer Thursday after TMZ's story ... and asked Selena if she was absolutely sure she wanted to move in a different direction. Selena said yes.

Mandy tells us she thought last month's conversation was just talk  ... and she's having a hard time processing the fact that she's no longer Selena's manager.

Selena's mom and stepdad had managed the 21-year-old since her big break at Disney -- but as we reported, Selena told her parents she'd outgrown them and wanted bigger management.

Mandy says she respects her daughter's decision ... and plans to continue producing several movie projects with Selena, including the upcoming "The Sky Is Everywhere."

static

People with drug problems usually do rash things.

Unbroken Chain

Maybe she feels like she needs bigger management because she wants to become a bigger star. There is nothing wrong with that at all. Those agents have better connections. As a parent, I would have no problem with this if I want what's best for my kid. I applaud her mom

bophus

She stated she wanted a manager that represented other "A Listers". Unfortunately, she is not an A lister. She is a gossip column queen. If you go to her IMDB page it says she is known for "Spring Breakers". Raise your hand if you went to the theater to see that gem. It is like saying I am know for how great my lawn is. While it may be awesome, no one but my neighbors and friends see it. She is a Disney made star. Disney stars are not good actors, they all sound like they are in a high school play. Shouting their lines and waiting for the laughtrack to chime in.

While she may have a shot, it is going to take more than dumping management for one that is going to charge more.

Grobzugig

I would rather throw it in the mom. She is one hot MILF.

some guy

Hopefully Selena's new direction will involve writing music that doesn't suck.

She's baaaack

I was following the Houston trial of Ana Trujillo, the woman who killed her boyfriend by beating him with her stiletto heel. Every time I saw her face I was thinking that this is exactly how Selena Gomez will look in 20 years when those freaky looking fat cheeks go south.

ilovepulp

Like she's going to go far. She can't sing, dance, or act.

BTDT

Pretty good carreer for a girl with marginal talent.
This might be a mistake.

Black Adam

She is about to start sluttin' it up like Miley. When will these stupid girls learn that if you have the body of an 11 year old boy, you will only be attractive to a Pedophile.

MaryDtn9

Never forget we are constantly bombarded with Media Lies and Hater BS.
Selena Gomez dumps Family, BFFs, Handlers and their agendas. FINALLY, YES!
Justin has been accused of many things. ZERO convictions! JUST THE FACTS!
Together or apart, Selina Gomez and Justin Bieber will be just fine. GIVEN!
What a great day putting the screws to naysayers and haters. ANALYZE THIS!

always

Same old story, parents riding the coat tails of kids for a meal ticket.

GothamGirl

He parents look so young! Did they have her at 15?

Bec215

Given her rehab stint, recent video of her appearing to be publicly intoxicated, and close proximity to chronically high Justin Bieber, I think this has more to do with wanting to break away from her parents than with her desire to get a new manager. While it's easy to assume that her parents were abusing their positions, I find it easier to believe - given her still-positive relationship with them - that she is looking for enablers like Bieber has, rather than voices of reason, surrounding her. I hope it's not true - but I suspect it is.

autmn

I'm sure that other non talent Bieber had some influence in her decision. Biggest msitake she ever made was hooking back up with Justine

Jess

Justin Bieber is ruining this girl.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments