B.B. King

Sorry I Sucked in STL

I Was Off My Meds!

4/15/2014 9:27 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

040814_bb_king_launch_v2 B.B. King is totally embarrassed by his subpar performance in St. Louis recently -- but his rep tells TMZ, he has a good excuse for sucking ... the blues legend was off his meds.

King's April 4th performance at the Peabody Opera House was meandering and stilted, he chatted with the audience more than he sang, people heckled him, and some even walked out. It was bad.

But a rep for B.B. -- who's 88 years old by the way -- tells us, "Mr. King suffers from diabetes -- and he mistakenly missed a dose of his prescribed medication on the show day."

In addition to his high blood sugar problem, King's rep says the singer was exhausted from a 1,600 mile bus trip from Vegas -- adding, "Simply put, it was a bad night for one of America's living blues legends -- and Mr. King apologizes and humbly asks for the understanding of his fans."

Now here's one of his best performances.

B4-I-FU-RU-18?

Dude's still a legend. Give him a pass.

Sheldon Siegel

He's BB King. 100 years after he's dead, he'll STILL give a better show than Bieber.

MightyMatt

He's an American treasure. His concerts are great.

BLUE UGLY đź’©

He's 100 yrs old, give him a break

getreal

Omg how rude he's 88 years old dummies...

palermo

Eighty eight? Maybe it's time to retire. And yes I love him and have seen him live, he's a legend

taz

I hope at 88 he's performing because he wants to and not because he has to. And anyone who heckles an 88 year old legend needs to be ashamed.

Anonymous

The Thrill Is Gone!

EggsOverEasy

I saw him in Ft. Lauderdale about 4 years ago, it was the exact same thing.. more talking than playing and he seemed a little confused at times.. the audience was getting pissed and there was a little heckling from the back.. Maybe he is getting to old to do this anymore..

Fry Daddy

He's lucky he's still breathing let alone playing!

verlinda

I hope ANYONE is willing to see me at 88. Legend without a doubt

Patti

Everyone has a bad day....Mr. King...you are forgiven!

olu32

Everyone has an off night,every now and then. He is a living legend. so I forgive you BB

Suzie

Unfortunately, the majority of his shows are like that. Maybe not as bad as the on in St. Louis, but he's been chatting his way through his shows for a solid 5+ years now. I stopped going to his shows about 5 or so years ago, because he barely played, didn't finish songs, and just talked for an hour and a half.

The man is still a f'in legend though. He's just getting on up there in years and doesn't have the stamina anymore.

Kelly

BB King's wife wanted to surprise BB for his birthday so she got a tattoo of a B and B on each of her azz cheeks. At his birthday party, she bent over and said Surprise! Said BB, "Who's Bob?"

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments