'X-Men' Director

I'm NO Kiddie Fiddler

... Now Go See 'X-Men'

4/24/2014 12:39 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0424-bryan-singer-x-men-tmz-01Bryan Singer insists he never laid a finger on the man accusing the "X-Men" director of raping him as a 15-year-old -- but he's not about to squander a perfectly good publicity opportunity for his new movie.

Bryan released a statement, saying, "The allegations against me are outrageous, vicious and completely false," immediately adding, "I do not want these fictitious claims to divert ANY attention from X-Men: Days of Future Past."

As we reported, 31-year-old Michael Egan filed lawsuits against Singer, Broadway producer Gary Goddard, TV producer Garth Ancier, and former president of Disney TV David Neuman -- claiming they sexually abused him as a young teen at various Hollywood parties and in Hawaii.

Singer has remained silent longer than the other three -- and only today spoke out, condemning the allegations ... but not without promoting "X-Men: Days of Future Past" in the process.

Singer's statement continues, "This fantastic film is a labor of love and one of the greatest experiences of my career. So, out of respect to all of the extraordinary contributions from the incredibly talented actors and crew involved, I've decided not to participate in the upcoming media events for the film."

Singer concludes, "I promise when this situation is over, the facts will show this to be the sick twisted shake down it is."

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

SMARTY PANTS

I know these people- they are guilty, just so all those who don't know them will shut up. Singer and Goddard make me sick. I hope they are prosecuted in full. HELLO, WAKE UP, SICK PEOPLE RUN HOLLYWOOD.

Ant Fuller

Guilty til proven innocent, I swear some of you act like you were actually there smh

birdie

This guy is a complete liar and a sick twisted child abuser!! I'm so happy to see some of these sick old men exposed!! Hope many more are too. This has been going on WAY too long in Hollywood and covered up.

Grobzugig

What's the big deal? Why is everyone so shocked? Woody Allen married his own daughter and was molesting his kids for years and hollywood has had no problem with it.
Scarlet Johannson even defended woody and blamed the victim, oh she is in the marvel movies.

prue leith

There are plenty of connections of all the alleged abusers, all connected in some network or another here http://t.co/ZDEmxDqYH8

Ali Ghasemi

I'm gay and wonder people say its homosexual fault. As a homosexual child I remember I was a victim not a rapist.
And whether you like it or not we call it rape baby.
Suggest you to read this :

memeL

ANYONE who cares about the safety and innocese of young teenage boys should BOYCOTT this pervert's movie(s) ! Gays who use young teens for their sex parties! GOOGE it - TONS of REAL news about it! It's sickening..see how he likes his X Men movies boycotted!!

SLIM

Not an expert Im far from it but. I dont see it and I know people will say he looks wiered he must have done it,and people do judge you on your looks.Thoswhole situation is a Hotmess and I have nodoubt that Bryan Singer is innocent but im no Judge or part of a Jury.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5