« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Donald Sterling's Wife

My Husband's Despicable and Prejudiced

4/27/2014 6:11 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0427-donald-and-shelly-sterling
Donald Sterling'
s wife came out swinging ... saying she does NOT share the racist views of her husband.

Shelly Sterling says "Our family is devastated by the racist comments made by my estranged husband.  My children and I do not share these despicable views or prejudices."

Shelly goes on ... "We will not let one man's small-mindedness poison the spirit of the fans and accomplishments of the team in the city we love."

And Shelly says, "We are doing everything in our power to stand by and support our Clippers team."

Shelly was at Sunday's playoff game and is flying back with the team tonight.  Donald, on the other hand, was persona non grata at the game.

It's worth noting ... Shelly has been estranged from Donald for years.  She retained attorney Laura Wasser several months ago to file a civil lawsuit against Donald's GF V. Stiviano.  Wasser is a top divorce lawyer, so it seems divorce is imminent.

We're told the last straw in the marriage was when Donald and Shelly's adult son died of an overdose more than a year ago, and Shelly felt he was more interested in Stiviano than grieving with the family.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

bring back recent posts

Oh boy, this guy is going to have a massive you know what over all of this! His wife is glorifying it as well. She was married for over 50 years, she knows what he is about, talk about karma for him though. On another note, she has a gorgeous eye color. Lol

Bob

You got snoop calling sterling a redneck. Tmz beating this story to death to get every dollar out of the tape they paid for from the gold digger. The ones pointing the fingers are the last to judge character when they make the same remarks. At some point in life everyone has offended someone. Second you see the craze lately? George Zimmerman, Paula Dean, sterling. It's all witch hunt of freedom of expression of whites. Meanwhile blacks can use the n word call whites whatever. Gays can speak their mind etc. So freedom of speech must not apply to all anymore. Racism is horrible but at the end of the day he didn't break the law. He still employed blacks for millions and just hired a black coach. Bottom line get ready for the media circus cause this story will be beat to death like the George Zimmerman one.

getreal

I just heard the audio...honestly I'm black and I wasn't as offended once I heard it for myself...i heard a old white man who was born like 80 years ago who sounded tired and about to die soon...he was basically telling her I dont have problems with black people etc. Etc. But for you my dear to have those Chanel bags and Louis Vuitton pumps u need to do the little things I ask which is not to publish that you are hanging with minorities...minorities just doesn't mean black its a whole rich secret society going on and obviously they are ruthless to be on his girlfriends instagram etc etc....illuminati??? She should of shut up or packed up her **** and left..she knew what the rules were if she wanted to be part of the rich life

Lord Humongous

**** donald sterling GF! Golding bitch no good hoė. She play this trick right. I hate people like Donald giving this dirt bag money

Randaleese

Yet, she's been married to him for 50 years. She's a hypocrite.

myopinion

GREAT!!! Send the message that racism will not be tolerated.

Truth

MEHHH... 2 LITTLE 2 LATE. THE OLD WHITE BITCH KNEW HE WAS RACIST BUT NOW IS ALL PC AND SH*T. SHE'S A MINORITY OWNER OF THE CLIPPERS HERSELF. SOUNDS LIKE SHE'S READY TO TAKE THE TEAM AWAY. 2 FOR 1 DEAL. MARRIAGE DIVORCE +1. NBA DIVORCE +2. #TRUTH!!

gegeok

Ohhh no did she just figure this out?... Lol...dumbchic

Roman

This is getting old fast!

vroomvroom

So he has a wife....poor woman how embarrassing ....
What
S the reason of getting married if at the end he gets to have a girlfriend? Wy shouldn't women be bad?
I feel sorry for the guy who'll decide to marry me, I'll cheat on him so much, he'll wish he was gay

Rigby

The team wore black socks and wrist bands and Shelly wore all black too! You go girl 👍

bring back recent posts

What a birthday for Mr. Tokowitz.

Makes sense

Mrs. Sterling.....let me commend you on the great damage control. A lot of money is at stake . You were quite united With Mr. sterling in attempting to regain your funds from Ms. Steviano.
On a second note the same character trait ( lack of restraint) that Mr. Sterling complained about in her ....is the same trait that leaked " that conversation" to TMZ.
She has no loyalty nor respect for his social circle while he was her" benefactor".

Proud2bBlack

Please!! She's been married to him 50 years, you knew he was a racist and I'm certain you share the same feelings towards blacks! White people are so predictable who in their right mind didn't see this coming. Your cover is blown wide open "White People".

shanta588

I could've sword that when he was telling the blacks and mexicans that he didnt want to rent apartments to them she was with him also and agreed.