« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Donald Sterling Son-in-Law

You're A Racist

And I Don't Care If You Fire Me For Saying It

4/28/2014 2:46 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0428_eric_miller_clippers

Donald Sterling's son-in-law, Director of Basketball Administration for the Clippers who helps run the day-to-day operation of the team, tells TMZ Sports what his father-in-law did is ignorant and racist ... and if that costs him his job ... so be it.

Here are the words of his son-in-law Eric Miller:

"I find the statements and representations made by the Clippers' team owner to be deplorable and disgusting.  There is no room in sports or society in general, for racism."

Miller goes on:  "I pledge my full support for the wonderful players, coaches and staff members of the Clippers organization.  I have complete faith that Commissioner Silver will deal with this matter swiftly and severely."

And then Miller says, "If these comments should happen to cost me my employment with the team, it is but a small price to pay to speak out against ignorance and racism."

Donald Sterling's daughter, Joanna Sterling Miller -- who is married to Eric -- says, "I am devastated and saddened by the cruel and insensitive comments expressed in these audio tapes."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

ReemRod

If ppl don't want to hear the race card or are tired of ppl crying about this POS Don S. Then stop saying racist ****, Ef the clippers, Ef Don S, and all the rest of you closet racist!!!

Whocatea123

It's not serious it's stupid ! Our focus should be on more important things going on in this world that need to addressed !!! Not a white guy being racist he's not the only person who is racist in this world ! we are focusing on it bc he's white!!!! Where the f*** was the media when a white guy was beaten in Detroit by a mob of black guys ????? When one will charged with a hate crime !!!! Where the f*** was the media then ??????? Where the f*** was al sharpton and magic Johnson etc then for comments Exactly they should be called out for being racist!!!!!! That's a hate crime on what happened to that man he needed money for his bills that should of been on the media all over as top news for weeks !!! someone was almost killed ! Yet we focus on a rich guy being racist but yet he still is paying his black players ! no one was physically hurt !!!! Get over it already !!

miamor

Stfu he's racist bottom line he was raise that way nd anyone who think like this ******* r just as ignorant as him or whoeva agrees with this *******...i really dnt give a **** cuz he will pay for what he said in due time he can kiss my black ass inside nd out i wouldnt pay to see his team anyway i dnt care how many blacks,whites,or spanish ppl are on the ****in team if they choose to play for a man like that to each its own...

nick

He did not violate anybody's civil right...he did not discriminate against his black employees...he has the right to refuse to ascociate with blacks...as a black person I eill gladly work for him and earn millions...too bad I am not a basketball player...he does not need to love me...a professional relationship is good enough...I do not need to be invited to his parties

Unbroken Chain

There goes her inheritance. I would support MY father no matter what he did. Probably spoiled.

ImSoReal

What he said was wrong and CA laws protect the elderly and people just need to stop harassing this man. Just my opinion.

cbaron

Wow these people are stupid.

bring back recent posts

God, I hope this doesn't drag out much longer on TMZZZZZZZZZ, I am about ready for a update on Beiber's egging fiasco! They going to charge him or not? Lol

TRUTH

And if your eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell.

Unbroken Chain

All the advertisers are pulling out on the Clippers and ultimately this guy is going to have to sell the team or the franchise will die. He has no choice, but at least he will make about 600 million

Miss k

I feel like this a set up , why are all these people suddenly talking !

Ron Fing Swanson

Somehow the Kardashians have to be involved in this story.

BSname

Looks like the family plan is to throw the old man under the bus and feign outrage about his racist comments, while the new young progressive generation will take over. Crisis management.

mememe

Never throw the man who fed you under the bus. What a ***

man930

Ok...must we beat this story to death?? Where is Lamar Odom when ya need him????