« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Donald Sterling Son-in-Law

You're A Racist

And I Don't Care If You Fire Me For Saying It

4/28/2014 2:46 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0428_eric_miller_clippers

Donald Sterling's son-in-law, Director of Basketball Administration for the Clippers who helps run the day-to-day operation of the team, tells TMZ Sports what his father-in-law did is ignorant and racist ... and if that costs him his job ... so be it.

Here are the words of his son-in-law Eric Miller:

"I find the statements and representations made by the Clippers' team owner to be deplorable and disgusting.  There is no room in sports or society in general, for racism."

Miller goes on:  "I pledge my full support for the wonderful players, coaches and staff members of the Clippers organization.  I have complete faith that Commissioner Silver will deal with this matter swiftly and severely."

And then Miller says, "If these comments should happen to cost me my employment with the team, it is but a small price to pay to speak out against ignorance and racism."

Donald Sterling's daughter, Joanna Sterling Miller -- who is married to Eric -- says, "I am devastated and saddened by the cruel and insensitive comments expressed in these audio tapes."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

shantel cookies

Did it ever occur to anyone that they might be trying to throw him underneath the bus just to keep the families fortune? Just think about it. . .

Sid

Is this the cover letter for a job with the Lakers? Hey buddy you only have the job because daddy has to take care of the loser his son married. Nut up and quit. Make it in your own.

traitorwithinme

Who cares what you think. You are technically a no one and can be easily replaced. I hate these types of moments. Everyone has to come out with ther own statement. It's as silly as te comments sterling made.

Sid

Is this the cover letter for a job with the Lakers? Hey buddy you only have the job because daddy has to take care of the loser his daughter. married. Nut up and quit. Make it in your own.

Sid

Sorry for all the mistakes in my previous post. Trying to multitask while pooing.

antesama3

Straight bull****....it has already been mentioned he was the next in line to take over....now he can act like he is disgusted so its ok when he takesover.....his family was well aware of the type of man he is, that type of hatred is deep and immediate family most likely have very similar views smh

Bossy Potato

Good for him. I'm glad he spoke out about this.

andrewlala

This guy is so manipulate and full of it! Of course he is not going to get fired!

Nancy

Memo to Eric Miller: Your fake outrage fools only the foolish. The smart folks questions your timing. The fact that you are acting like you didn't know this side of him is laughable.

taz

Trying to save his job. Everyone is gonna take a huge step back from the steaming pile that is Donald Sterling, except for his wife, I guess she figured out where the most cash is.

Erimcneil

Omg, are we expected to believe he has never heard this kind hate coming from him? The whole family is crazy, y'all should of been cut ties with him.

pooty

Fake! I'm sure they sat down as a family, Donald Sterling included, and agreed this was a good strategic move!

Unbroken Chain

Everyone in this country deal with racists much worse then Mr Stirlong in their everyday lives, you just don't get to hear their phone calls. This is a reality in the world and people need to just set it aside and concentrate on positive things

GRRUNIT

The clippers owner didn't seem racist on that audio, his girlfriend is a TWIST, she's totally trying to entrap him. Fuq her. The owner should use her then use her...she's a little manipulator. We all get what we got coming to us in the end...special place for females that twist words I would think. ciao-chilla

NameNotImportat

You people are stupid if you think this is for real. He's just setting himself up to be acting person in charge. Once Don steps down tomorrow. Damage control.