Paul Simon & Edie Brickell

Booze Fueled Violent Domestic Confrontation

5/1/2014 9:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0501_paul_simon_Edie-Brickell_tmz_gettyEdie Brickell had a "strong odor of alcohol on her breath" during the heated argument that turned physical last week with hubby Paul Simon, this according to local police.

Simon and Brickell were both arrested and charged with disorderly conduct after a domestic dispute at their Connecticut home last weekend.

The New Canaan police report, which was obtained by the Stamford Advocate, says Brickell told police Simon did something that "broke her heart." It goes on to say Simon shoved Brickell and she slapped him in response. That's when he called 911 ... but hung up before speaking to anyone.

Brickell told police Simon "was acting like a spoiled baby by calling 911 and that he did not care about their children." The report says Edie had "a strong odor of alcohol on her breath" and became agitated at times.

Seems like they've both calmed down since then -- they were both in court this week and refused to get any kind of protective order.

Mikey

'What I Am' is old now.

Clytemnestra

911 is for real emergencies, not this kind juvenile nonsense. Of course, when you are only five feet tall, maybe he was afraid of his normal size wife.

zombie

These two have been fighting for years, according to their neighbors. So much for The Sounds of Silence!

Gretel

They're both a little long in the tooth. I'll bet that fight was a real doozy. Does anyone know if they put their dentures in before they got into it?

nof

Love Paul.

Grew up on Paul's music.

Which comforted me through an older brother's suicide, etc.

A kid brother running away, turning to glue and inhalants, following all of the drama.

The thing is...

Paul's own life story and b.g. isn't much different than my own.

Suffers from his own demons, etc.

My prayers are with Paul and Edie as they work through this embarrassment/humiliation.

Knowing Paul, it'll open up an entire NEW body-of-work.

May God forever bless Paul Simon and Edie Brickell.

Might we all remember that Celebs are also human.

toddpugz7111

where were the new bohemians during all of this?

woolly -Bear

Where the F#CK are "The new Bohamian's? Shove me in that shallow water before i get too deeppppppppppp. Your looking Old there Sea Hagg. Turkey Neck and bad hair?

Sheldon Siegel

I wish I had a dollar for every time they mentioned "Bridge Over Troubled Waters" when reporting on this story.

Kristinajp

Omg..there is REAL domestic violence cases. Why are we using police and court resources for this?

IceGypsy

I still can't picture Paul getting all uppity about anything....I mean he is the epitome of a passive 70s hippie if there ever was one.

jackmama311

she's half his age and he looks younger, she has not aged very well.

lou

Who cares

Wellington

Couldn't TMZ find more unflattering pictures?

scheppler07

Tmz! U suck. My family knows these people and they r as nice as it gets. Such bull**** that u would put a ****ty of picture as this for edie when u know u have others. Freekin disrespectful

D-INCARNATION

Cops always say that regardless

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments