Deryck Whibley

Alive But Wasting Away in First Pic

Since Near-Death Experience

5/19/2014 3:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0519-deryk-whibley-splash-01
Sum 41 frontman Deryck Whibley is a shell of himself -- looking shockingly frail today as he leaned on others for support ... days after admitting he nearly died from years of hardcore drinking.

Deryck had to be held up by two women during a walk in Los Angeles.

On Friday, Deryck revealed he'd been laid up in a hospital bed for a month, and confessed on his blog... "the reason i got so sick is from all the hard boozing i’ve been doing over the years. it finally caught up to me."

Deryck says his liver and kidneys collapsed, and docs have told him if he has one drink he will die.

The damage is obvious when you remember how Deryck looked in his heyday with Avril Lavigne.

0519-deryck-whibley-avril-lavigne-getty-01

Sally M

Yes he absolutely looks like hell. Hope he can stay sober.

Ming the Merciless

Well, he's out of hospital and walking around. I'll drink to that.

kewljewl

Notice this guy..most people probably don't know him only from Avril...but he's got mad respect from most commenters. the kids and ignorant ones say stupid crap...that's fine...but if him.or his family is reading any of the comments...they have to be proud. I.pray for him. I believe in him and if God forbid he goes.from this disease I will be so so disappointed. And I don't even know anything about him bit I'm.proud of him! U go my friend. Kick alcohols @ss!!!!!

emauk

So sad, i only reconise him through the past picture. Wish him well and a speedy recovery.

Word

Sad.

zoolady

Time for AA meetings!

Barbara Rojas

Hard lesson. He is truly lucky to be alive. I hope he continues to recover and stays away from alcohol. He can improve but he is in for a long haul.

rlemons

Wow that's really sad. Hopefully he pulls through.

MC

Damn he's ugly

Machelle

Wow....tragic transformation. Sorry but alcohol isn't all that. Then again, I don't drink so I don't really know.

Just Steve

If your gonna overdose at least don't let it be because of a Heineken

tx_shaun

Sum 41 sucks

awgayskarths

I'm crying, Sum 41 is one of those bands that practically raised me. Deryck's always been a great guy, and even though I'm not religious, I pray that he can get past this. Get better soon, Deryck. ❤

effthemedia

I don't believe that alcohol is his only problem...his music sucks but I wish anyone the best of luck that's battling drug addiction.

8======D