Deryck Whibley

Alive But Wasting Away in First Pic

Since Near-Death Experience

5/19/2014 3:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0519-deryk-whibley-splash-01
Sum 41 frontman Deryck Whibley is a shell of himself -- looking shockingly frail today as he leaned on others for support ... days after admitting he nearly died from years of hardcore drinking.

Deryck had to be held up by two women during a walk in Los Angeles.

On Friday, Deryck revealed he'd been laid up in a hospital bed for a month, and confessed on his blog... "the reason i got so sick is from all the hard boozing i’ve been doing over the years. it finally caught up to me."

Deryck says his liver and kidneys collapsed, and docs have told him if he has one drink he will die.

The damage is obvious when you remember how Deryck looked in his heyday with Avril Lavigne.

0519-deryck-whibley-avril-lavigne-getty-01

MC

Damn he's ugly

Machelle

Wow....tragic transformation. Sorry but alcohol isn't all that. Then again, I don't drink so I don't really know.

Just Steve

If your gonna overdose at least don't let it be because of a Heineken

tx_shaun

Sum 41 sucks

awgayskarths

I'm crying, Sum 41 is one of those bands that practically raised me. Deryck's always been a great guy, and even though I'm not religious, I pray that he can get past this. Get better soon, Deryck. ❤

effthemedia

I don't believe that alcohol is his only problem...his music sucks but I wish anyone the best of luck that's battling drug addiction.

8======D

Poor guy. He's running from something. :(

DrTyrell

God who KNEW that drugs and alcohol could hurt your health? Have you guys heard of this??????

DiM

He's ONLY 34. People I've seen with alcoholism do not begin to experience any kidney issues till their mid fifties usually.
Hoping his body can recover from this.
I've heard rumours from more than one source that Avril used to physically abuse him. : (

effthemedia

Is that the mentally handicap kid from "What's eating Gilbert Grape"?

J4X

I didn't think it was possible for him to get any uglier but he proved me wrong. Dude looks like fooking Gollum!

Natosha

Yeah he did this to himself. I still find it sad to see someone self destruct and completely waste away like that. I don't ever want to know the dark place someone has to get to to do this to themselves. I don't care who he is or who he isn't. It's called compassion. I also will never understand people who kick others when they are down. Who just say some of the meanest most hateful things simply for attention. Some of you are simply not human.

G.C.

I'd turn to heavy drinking too if my wife left me for the guy from Nickelback.

meh

Somebody partied hard. I don't think just Miller Time does that to a person though. That's Lavignitits. Homeboy looks fuuuuuuuuucked up

Chloe Indigo

This is really sad. He is so thin for being in there a month! God Bless Him I hope he can pull through this.