Benzino

Airline Apologized for Racially Profiling Me

I Got Vouchers to Prove It!

5/28/2014 9:01 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

052714_benzino_launch_v4
"Love & Hip Hop" star Benzino claims AirTran Airways has already accepted blame for racially profiling him on board a flight this week -- and as a gesture of its remorse, AirTran gave him 2 vouchers for $200.

TMZ posted video of Benzino's f-bomb-laced outburst shortly after he claims a flight attendant racially profiled him on his flight Tuesday from Vegas to ATL ... and the story behind the outburst is crazy.

Benzino tells us, he and his new wife were the last people to board ... and as soon as they took their First Class seats, a flight attendant demanded to see their tickets.

Benzino found this insulting, telling us the flight attendant only asked to see his tickets because he's a man of color sitting in First Class -- and that's why he erupted.

Benzino tells us, "They basically were talking to me very disrespectful and came at me inappropriate. That’s why I was upset about the situation. I am not the one to scream the race card unless I truly believe I am being treated not equal."

According to Benzino, an airline rep later apologized to him, telling him the airline was in the wrong, and then gave him and his wife two vouchers for $200. Calls to Southwest -- which merged with AirTran a few years ago -- weren't returned.

0528_voucher_Benzino_wm

Untouchable1906

Who knew that air trans had first class in this first place...Well I can understand how he may of felt about this situation since I have experienced this issue several times with various airlines while sitting in first class. It's embarrassing to be profiled like this due to the color of my skin and my attire . It wouldn't be a problem if they checked everyone in first class but I have yet to see this happen. I shouldn't have to wear a suit and tie outside of work to convince the airlines that I have the right to sit in their overpriced seat that I have already paid for. It would be much easier if the airlines tried attaching a photo of their first class customers to their checklist to avoid outburst like this from ever happening again.

terri-in-texas

Airlines give vouches for just about anything. Doesn't mean they accept any blame.

PictureUp

AIR TRAN is the Greyhound Bus of Airlines..he'll never live down the fact he flew with them!!

joeluv007

Im white dress in a suit and Air Tran has asked me every time for my first class ticket. Every time. But i can't play the race card. Now attendents of color and white people have asked for my first class ticket. Never once took it personal

JordanMarion

Southwest Airlines doesn't have a first class, or any class. It's general seating first come first serve. If he's lying about sitting in first class, he could be lying about it all.

lcmb

If he was the last to enter, how does he know no one else had to show their tickets?

Michael

AIRTRAN FIRST CLASS???????? LMFAO!!! $200 Credits???? LMFAO!!! These people are CRAZY!

Oldfart

If I were black id go around calling everyone a racist, i would have so much free stuff !!

ABB

He's still a NOBODY fliying AirTran first class! LOL!

Chris

Air Tran? AIR TRAN? Dude, you're lucky you got tossed off the flight. Now stay alive and shred the vouchers.

BriaCelise

It's crazy how many people are leaving racist comments saying that black people play the race card. I don't know if you know this but sometimes people do racist **** to black people. It happens. You complaining about not being able to say that because you're white doesn't make it any less true

BriaCelise

I'm more upset about them calling Benzino a hip hop mogul than anything else.

BriaCelise

I didn't know there were so many racists who read TMZ tho. Good for you guys.

Truth Spitter

Kudos to Benzino for standing up to racists.

Socalpimp

AirTran First Class is a joke....you gotta pay for water and soda.