'Love & Basketball' Star

Stalker Was Sleeping In My Home!!

6/13/2014 12:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0612-sanaa-lathan-01
"Love & Basketball" star Sanaa Lathan is being stalked by a man claiming to be her husband ... who was discovered sleeping in her home ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

Lathan just got a restraining order against 28-year-old Shawn Caples, who was discovered dead asleep in her laundry room last Friday by contractors.

The man -- who insisted he was Lathan's hubby -- was shooed away ... but she says he reappeared later that day.  Lathan screamed at him to "get the f*** out of here" and then called the cops when he refused to leave.

In her docs, Lathan says Caples showed up at her doorstep 3 days later ... and she hid in fear.

Caples is now behind bars after being arrested for stalking.  He's been ordered to stay at least 100 yards away from Lathan once he's released.

BLUE UGLY 💩

Get armed, the police or a restraining order won't do anything

Kobe_No_Means_No

She was the one who raped the 28-year-old.

whitegurlhitter

This is when the gun law kicks in.

01void

Give him a paper cut or a bullet to the head, her chose.

TuxThePenguin

"...dead asleep...", TMZ? 😒

mrs.caples

Tmz pls contact me. Shawn Caples is my Brother in law. We need his whereabouts. Thank You

myopinion

Protect yourself it is so many sicko's out there.

lourdgoogoo

He has to be crazy if he wanted to be married to that.

Disgusted

Ummm, how is this dude just walking into her house??? Sanaa, you've been in the game long enough to know better. GET ARMED SECURITY!

fynewyne52

Sanaa, its time to get yourself a trained, adult doberman pinscher!

jaycee

She is not on love and basketball. She is an acclaimed actress. Do not put her in the mix with those reality chics.

Clytemnestra

Sanaa is a talented and very beautiful woman who deserves greater stardom. As for her stalker: I'm not big on guns, but this guy is seriously disturbed, and if he were stalking me, I would feel a lot safer if I could confront him with a gun. Not necessarily to shoot him, but certainly to impress him with the possibility. Seriously, a woman alone at home and some nut case comes into my home? Sorry, man, but you are asking for big trouble.

Devon

Yea she needs a gun and some big dogs... And a better agent while we're at it

K South West

It was the best sleep I ever had

The truthbetold

TMZ you need to hire me. Who ever is writing for you can't get the background straight on who's who. a few weeks back you mistaken JWoww for Lil Kim, now you have hit below the belt saying that Sanaa Lathan.... an acclaimed actress who's career dates back over 17 years ago is a cast member of the ratchet franchise Love and Hip Hop??? Oh please! Not only is it insulting to Miss Lathan, it's insulting to me...lol! I earthier you spit in my face! How dare you...Again, hire me... you have my email address...

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments