Tracy Morgan Crash

Investigators Say ...

Truck Driver Was Speeding

6/19/2014 8:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0618-kevin-roper-tracy-01
The truck driver who plowed into Tracy Morgan's limo bus -- killing one man -- was driving 20 mph over the speed limit ... according to federal investigators.

A report from the National Transportation Safety Board says trucker Kevin Roper was driving his rig at 65 mph at the time of the crash ... even though the posted speed limit was 45 mph due to construction in the area. The regular speed limit is 55 mph.

Roper's tractor-trailer slammed into Morgan's vehicle June 7 on the New Jersey Turnpike. He pleaded not guilty to charges of death by auto.

Morgan is still in the hospital with multiple injuries and is listed in fair condition. 65-year-old comedian James McNair was killed in the crash.

0617_tracy_morgan_get_well_soon

Really_Though

I drive that stretch of the NJTPK every day. NOBODY drives 45 mph. You must drive at least 75 mph to just keep up with the flow of traffic.

Brian

This idiot definitely needs to serve time for the death. And he should lose everything he has. What a moron.

pj

His ass is grass !

Barbarascy

He can plead whatever he likes. The fact is he hit and injured one person and killed another. SOMETHING went wrong and he is responsible.

hollyweirdo

it was an accident. who doesn't drive 10 miles over the speed limit? i am not saying that he should not face any form of punishment, but let's have some compassion for a mistake anyone could make. i just can't find it in me to throw stones...bless the person who was killed and good luck to those recovering.

Ray

of course he was speeding, it's what the majority of truckers do.. and tailgate trying to get you to move or go faster..

D-INCARNATION

Wait a minute I see two Ashy's.......................

May I have your attention please
May I have your attention please
Will the real Ashy Larry please stand up
I repeat, will the real Ashy Larry please stand up
We're gonna have a problem here

paul a.

Everybody speeds on that stretch of road.

lourdgoogoo

People speed and crash everyday, but don't go to jail. Usually their license gets suspended, they are fined, and have to pay all the damages. I am not sure what is up with this.

01void

Shame, he,ll be found guilty and has to live with this the rest of his life.

Hendo21

If i was him, I would cut a deal.

George

He's done. Stick a fork In that driver and walmarts insurance. The fat lady just sang.

Chris

You Walmart shoppers better hurry up before the price increases that are coming.

Liss

I am not surprised. Truck drivers. That's all I have to say.

celtics34

I love how TMZ never shows a pic of the man who died or never has anything to say about him or his family

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments