Dallas Davidson

I'm Not Racist or Homophobic

... Just Angry

7/10/2014 12:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0709-dallas-davidson-03

Dallas Davidson
 says he only screamed racial and homophobic slurs during his bar fight in Nashville because someone sent him into a blind rage.

Dallas tells TMZ he was provoked into an altercation and lost his temper while defending himself.  Cops say he hurled racial slurs and screamed, "There's that f***ing fa****t that punched me."

Dallas says he's not racist or homophobic, adding ... "Although I cannot defend what I said, I am sorry for my insensitivity." He did not elaborate about who started the fight or why.

TMZ broke the story ... the country lyricist was arrested at Tin Roof in downtown Nashville for public intoxication and disorderly conduct after allegedly trying to start fights with various bar patrons.

071014_dallas_davidson_launch

sucka67

For the people who say "well I have been drunk many times but I would never say those things." How do you know what you said....YOU WERE DRUNK! You are probably the same guy who then drives home drunk because you thought you were sober.

HumanNature

DRINKING MAKE YOU THINK AND SAY "SOBER" THOUGHTS!!!!

HumanNature

SOME PEOPLE CAN'T HOLD THEIR "ALCOHOL!!!!!

dmc

I keep seeing freedom of speech and just because he used racial and homophobic slurs doesn't means he is a racist or homophobic. Those arguments are lame. The first amendment was not written so that you can insult people because your angry or drunk. To insult a persons race or sexual preference only does not necessarily mean that you are a bigot? No? It means you are a bigot with no control or home training!

cristiana

why is he being labelled racist? he didnt say anything about race! come on now, stop making stuff up!

sucka67

A PC altercation. 1. Ask the other person what they would like to be called. 2. Ask them if it's ok if you hit them hard. 3. Exchange phone numbers just in case some body gets hurt. 4. Ask the other person if they want to take the first swing.

Txcoon

OMG TMZ and other folks - he isn't homophobic or racist, he was drunk and stupid.

Teresa andrews

Stop with the whining about freedom of speech. The First amendment means the government can't punish you for legally protected speech. It doesn't protect you from the social repercussions of your speech. For instance, he's free to call somebody a ***g-t, and I'm free to call him an ignorant, drunk, hateful pig.

ivan

2 - u should be jobless !

iketurnerjr

come on, he's a tennesee hillibilly at a honkytonk bar. did people really expect any better ?

TuxThePenguin

I'd be angry if I was that ugly, too.

Timmy-Boy

Racism is wrong! But not what gays call homophobia. You can change your lifestyle, not your race.

Iris Myandowski

if throwing a racial or homophobic slur is your most feral insult? then yur a damn racist and homophobic JERK ! I equate what he said with "I'm not really a murderer, I just kill when I'm angry"

kingjesster

If you have never said anything you regret or didn't mean out of anger then by all means, continue to pile it on... I can not cast stones upon this man, as I live in a glass house! Allow him to grow and improve before you tear him down!!! In my younger days "***got" was used as a term for a sissy! Also derogatory towards gays... But not if you were saying it to someone who was heterosexual... I don't think it was a term that was quite as sensitive a word as it is today!!! Hopefully he will learn and be a better man!!! ;-)

Toilethead