« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Lebron James

I CHOOSE CLEVELAND

... Return of the King

7/11/2014 9:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

LeBron James Returning To Cleveland CavaliersLeBron James is RETURNING TO CLEVELAND ... telling Sports Illustrated he has finally made up his mind to leave the Miami Heat.

Bron is from Cleveland ... and still has a house in Akron.

During his 4-year run with the Heat, LeBron won 2 NBA championships and made the NBA Finals all 4 years.

James wrote an essay for Sports Illustrated explaining his decision ... in which he writes, "I always believed that I’d return to Cleveland and finish my career there. I just didn’t know when."

"After the season, free agency wasn’t even a thought. But I have two boys and my wife, Savannah, is pregnant with a girl. I started thinking about what it would be like to raise my family in my hometown. I looked at other teams, but I wasn’t going to leave Miami for anywhere except Cleveland. The more time passed, the more it felt right. This is what makes me happy."

James says, "I'm not promising a championship" ... but says that's clearly his goal ... a goal that will take several years to accomplish.

Cleveland Browns QB Johnny Manziel just tweeted -- "YESSSSSSSS!! Couldn't be happier for my guy @KingJames and the @cavs #Cleveland."

lebron_james_cavs_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Lucky_130

Holy Crap, he is going back to his old losing team. This is good news

Jay

Good now we know he will never surpass the true King MJ!!!!

Joe Friday

The KING is back!!!!!!

cluesarethere

What did Donald Sterling mean .. David Stern hoarding $150 million retirement? What was that about?

mooker330

We Clevelanders don't know how to accept good news. Our bodies reject it like a pathogen.
"Just one before I die!"

Sexy Stig

I called it yesterday and it's a little awkward given those livid fans & owner when he left.

bigfofif

I called this when he left four yrs ago and who cares basketball is for ghetto children

Old Man On The Porch

The money musta been veeeeeeery good!

L. Ron Hubbard

Lebron is back in Cleveland. Now, BIEBER needs to go back to Canada!

thebigalphamale

guess most people can quit hating Lebron now, bc in Cleveland he is a non issue - he will never be in the finals again. Spurs, OKC, Rockets, NY and Indiana are all so happy bc that means its just easier for 1 of them to win a championship. Lebron what an idiot, no legacy 2 rings, big deal - always knew you couldnt get into college for a reason! NO BRAINS

billson1234

Bruh leave south beach to go to Cleveland couldn't have been me the thought of living in the state of Ohio is enough to make me depressed

billson1234

Wade should go to the bulls but then again his crazy bitter ex wife lives in Chicago it'll just be easier for her to get a hold of him she might try kill or seriously injure him and his fiancee

lourdgoogoo

He should get used to losing, now that he is back in Cleveland.

patrickbr8856

Lebron is paying for his buddy to record an album and says he is the best freestyler ever...Check out his seahawks freestyle and his other videos here: The guy isn't that bad...