'Big Brother'

Ariana Grande Hides Grandpa's Death

From Brother Frankie

7/23/2014 9:39 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

Ariana Grande Grandpa Died"Big Brother" is now keeping a deep secret  -- something that could derail the show if revealed too soon -- and it involves the death of one of Ariana Grande's relatives.

Ariana's grandfather died Tuesday.  He's also the grandpa of Ariana's brother, Frankie Grande, who's a contestant on "Big Brother."

It seems just before he died the grandfather knew Frankie might bail from the show if he found out, so one of grandpa's last wishes was to keep his death a secret from Frankie.

Ariana was chronicling her grandpa's illness ... recently posting pictures with him in the hospital.  But Frankie never saw them per the rules of the show.

Ariana made her grandfather's wishes clear, tweeting, "asked grandps last week if he wanted us to pull frankie off bb & he said "no way! he's gotta play the game even tho i don't understand it"

It seems from the "Big Bro" live feeds ... Frankie is still in the dark over his grandpa's death.
update_graphic_red_bar
7:00 PM PT -- Producers just told Frankie about the death.

0723-subasset-arianna-grande-instagram

Alex B

Stupid dumb bitch I hate the hoe

Hollywoodd

Whether it was his grandpa's wish or not, really don't think he's gonna thank his family for this one.

tmzchick

It's his final wish, and it should be respected.

Marsha Craighead

I don't watch Big Brother so I don't know what they are and aren't allowed (cellphones, laptops, TV, etc) but If Frankie didn't know about grandpa... he does now. Nice way of letting him know TMZ!

Theresa

anything to keep Frankie in the game so they can get Arianna's fans tuning in.
He'll win just from her promoting him so it's kind of a dud of a show.

Trista

you people are the biggest pieces of **** I have ever seen. he just died and your going to post bull**** like this? have some respect, Jesus.

WishIWas_There2

there was no secret

essy15

This is not you or your family. So respect the mans wishes and let things be. May he r.i.p

Suzie

I'd be livid. But I also wouldn't do a show like that if I knew my grandpa didn't have much longer.

rocknroll

My prayers are with the Grande family. This is very sad. As a grandparent I would have done the same thing. There is nothing Frankie can do for him. He will have his closure his own way. C'mon people be respectful this is a family going through grief. Keep your nasty comments to yourself. If you don't have something nice to say then don't say anything. May he rest in peace.

Momof2

Poor Frankie. I love him

tiggs

RIP! Very painful situation whether your there or not.

Lauren

It's disgusting that we know before him

boo boo

Gimme a break. Some peoples priorities are seriously whackadoo

Cat mom

Hard call, but I think he should have had the option of deciding to be with his family if he chose. BB would likely have recast him for another season.