'American Idol' Josh Gracin

Blames Wife

8/14/2014 4:19 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0814_josh_gracin_twitter
update_graphic_red_bar
7:40 PM PDT --
Cops tell us Gracin is being held on a 5150 psychiatric hold. We're told he drove himself to a hospital, with a police escort, after they pulled him over. He's been cooperative, has spoken to his family ... and is being evaluated by doctors now.

5:33 PM PDT --
We're told cops intercepted Gracin on his way home and all they'll say is, "He's safe."
update_grey_gray_bar
'American Idol'
 Season 2 finalist Josh Gracin had neighbors and police racing to his door ... after posting what looked like a suicide note in the wake of marital problems.

We're told cops responded to the former Marine's home in Spring Hill, TN -- where he lives with his wife and 4 kids -- for a welfare check after a family member saw an ominous Facebook post:

"I've loved her for 17 years ... I made mistakes ... I admitted them, told her the truth and she turned her back on me when I needed her help the most."

He continued, "Please remember me as someone who gave his all in his music ... Pray for my family as they carry on in this world without me. Goodbye."

Cops rushed to his house -- his wife was there but he wasn't. Law enforcement sources tell us police got in touch with him by phone, put him on with his wife, and he told her he was coming home.

Cops are staying at the home until Josh arrives.

Story developing ...

0814_josh_gracin_post_facebook2

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Wow ...

Shouldn't they send in a medical team?

iBetty

Does everyone need therapy after flying into LAX... Wtf

The Maharincess of Franistan

Gotta try to sell records some way, right Josh? STUPID!

mommahhh

All these people commuting suicide. It's just insane, help should be more accessible for people with depression.

Sushi

He needs attention.

watzitooya

Yikes!

She's baaaack

Whatever. He committed suicide. He wasn't of sound mind. It sounds like he wouldn't take responsibility for his suicide. That's on him.

asimov

His hoe ain't loyal. I know that feel bro.

6one9

REDIC `` IS all I have to say!!

porkchop

What a loser, looking for attention and like a bratty child, even the bad kind will do.

Vampira

So....He cheated on his wife then blamed her for dumping his ass? What a narcissist.

amandajones610

Omg I hope its not a suicide note.... he is an amazing guy.... he fought for our country and is an amazing singer.... one of my favs

jasminechacon

Oh gosh.

Suzie

What a manipulative bastard.

Usagi-chan

Let me guess, someone has a new album dropping soon?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments