« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Jim Brown Lawsuit

Ex-Wife Unloaded Your Championship Ring

... Says Auction House

8/15/2014 11:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0815-jim-brown-getty-01
Jim Brown's 1964 NFL Championship ring fell into the hands of an auction house because his ex-wife hocked it way back in the 1980s ... this according to the auction house Brown is suing.

The Cleveland Browns great sued Lelands Collectibles last month to block an upcoming auction of the ring. He alleged it had been stolen from him decades ago ... and therefore Lelands had no right to sell it.

Now Lelands has filed a countersuit, and in the docs it explains that Brown had left the ring with his ex-wife Sue Brown when they initially split up, and he left Ohio for Hollywood.

Sue and Jim's divorce was finalized in 1972 and she got the Ohio home where they lived together, a condo -- AND the title to the Championship Ring ... according to the docs. Sue eventually sold the ring to a sports memorabilia collector sometime in the 80s.

The Ring went to a couple of other collectors before ending up at Lelands. The auction house is suing JB for $2 million in damages it says it's suffered as a result of his lawsuit.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Jordan

My Question for Jim Brown is where is the Original Police Report in the 1980's for the Stolen Ring, and what else was also Stolen on that Police Report. it sounds like LeLands Collectables is telling the truth.

spock

Jim is like: "Ohhhh yeahh...now I remember....he he...my bad...he he"

iBetty

I love scorned women... lol

Mike

How does an ex-wife end up with title to a championship ring?

The New Improved Sock Puppet

I'm curious as to how she ended up with his Championship ring. Was it in the house and she said it was stolen? How did she end up with it in order to hock it? There are parts of the story missing. Big surprise there, eh?

Mr Barcliff

IM A JIM BROWN FANATIC BUT, I HAVE TO SIDE WITH THE EX WIFE ON THIS ONE. THIS IS TO LONG TO JUST NOW DECIDE THE RING WAS YOURS. DONT GET ME WRONG, I FEEL ALL EX ATHLETES SHOULD HAVE RIGHTS TO THERE RINGS WHEN THEY WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS BUT, IF YOU LET A EX HAVE IT IN DIVORCE OR ANY REASON, ITS HERS. I GET HIM BEING UPSET BUT, THATS OLDER THAN MOST PEOPLE I KNOW(THE TIME ITS TAKEN TO CLAIM THE RING IS STILL JIM'S)!!! I HOPE THEY SETTLE SOME WAY BUT, SURE THE AUCTION HOUSE WONT BECAUSE THERE ABOUT MONEY. I FEEL BAD FOR JIM THOUGH BECAUSE AS WE AGE, WE REFLECT ON WHAT WE DID AND HES AT THAT TIME IN HIS LIFE NOW.

Bradbasham

He beat every woman he was ever with.
Good for her !!!

KushVision

The auction house is a scam the bid was 200k less then the estimate sale price they had . As someone who was bidding on it I can tell you this is BS they use Jim as a excuse to cancel the auction with 12 hours left because of a low sale price of 57k. People should be talking about how many laws the auction house broke by not selling the ring to the high bidder. It's not really an auction if you don't sell an time because your not happy with the price!

FREEDOM

HE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE LOSS OR SALE OF THE RING LONG AGO. NOW HE WANTS IT BACK. MAKE A BID !!!!!

celtics34

Jim Brown forgot about the ring he was to busy beating chicks up