'A.I.' Josh Gracin

Apologizes for Suicide Threat

Getting Help

8/15/2014 3:52 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0815-josh-gracin-facebook-01
Josh Gracin
-- the American Idol Season 2 finalist who left what appeared to be a suicide note that got cops and family scrambling Thursday -- has checked himself into an inpatient facility and is remorseful over the commotion he caused.

TMZ broke the story ... Josh posted a message on Facebook with a clear message -- he was about to take his life.  The post read in part:  "I loved her for 17 years ... I made mistakes ... I admitted them, told her the truth and she turned her back on me when I needed her help the most."

The post went on:  "Pray for my family as they carry on in this world without me.  Goodbye."

Cops picked Josh up Thursday night and took him to the hospital.  He just released this statement:

"I want to thank you all for your prayers and support.  I take responsibility for my actions and apologize dearly for what I have put my family through.  With the help of my family and friends, I am getting help."

4u2cixist

He just wanted the attention,who posts a suicide letter before their attempt...ugh he's hungry & thirsty! #NOTFAMOUS #FAIL

Seraphina

Please do get help. Depression is serious.

BigSamStewart

Silly little publicity stunt. The world's would have been better off without him.

Duffran

Now, THIS is a coward. Blaming his wife for not forgiving him. Putting this all on her. Human garbage.

4education

Glad to see he is getting some help

idontactuallygiveacrap

Trying to get some attention?

tanja

(null)

Ishtalker978

Damn some of you people are harsh

shanice

Josh, I remember what you did for beautiful teen girl's family when she died in a car accident (Bayy Eaddy) and the song you wrote for her. You had zero ego, and jumped in to help with your music. Just remember the pain that family went through loosing that beautiful light in the world so please, don't let your family loose theirs. Get the help you need, ignore the haters, and keep your head up.

Youdontsay

I think after Robin Williams, more people will realize the demons attack everyone.

cmg

To all u haters, mental illness is serious. Just look what happened to Robin Williams and the countless homeless people living in the streets. U could have a friend or relative suffering and not even know it. It could happen to u one day. U hide behind your computer screens and on your phones spewing your hate. I hope you don't loose someone close to u because of it. Now shut up and say something positive or don't comment at all because karma is waiting for u and will give u no mercy when it hits u.

Ishtalker978

Cmg couldn't have said it any better we should be supporting these people not telling them to go kill themselves

Angel in the house

Where's the love and understanding that I know people are capable of? Mental illness is no joke. Life is too short. We really should be caring more about one another rather than hating and bullying. I hope Josh gets the help he needs and gets better. Can I hear an Amen?

MrHarryBawls2015

I find the ants in my sink more interesting than American Idol (a glamorized Gong Show for the 21rst century). Wasn't Ed McMahon's Star Search enough punishment for our sins ?(remember Ed unleashed to the world Sinbad and Britney Spears. )At any rate I think watching Taylor Hicks today warble a tune in some seedy lounge in Vegas is enough to drive anyone to suicide.

PokeFangirl

So basically he cheated on his wife, had a full blown affair, or something to that effect, and because she choose not to forgive him he decides to commit suicide as a screw you to her and his family. Okay I get that people have PTSD, but come on people that's classic manipulative behavior. On top of that he whined about how he couldn't make it in the music buis, posted this "suicide" note on social media, and waited until he was found and casually went drive to a hospital with police escorts? A suicidal person with PTSD would have immediately killed themselves w/o delay. So can I say phishing for attention?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments