Michelle Duggar

Transgender People Should Not Get Choice of Restrooms

8/19/2014 2:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michelle Duggar Anti TransgenderMichelle Duggar is convinced ... child predators are aiming to use the cover of being a transgender to hurt children ... and she's determined to stop them in their tracks.

The "19 Kids and Counting" star is on the warpath against a proposed Arkansas law that would allow transgender people to use either the men's or women's bathroom -- whichever they feel suits them best.

Duggar thinks convicted male child molesters will have a field day if the law passes ... simply dressing up like a woman and perving out in girls restrooms.

She doesn't want her 9 girls subjected to men leering at them in their private space -- so she's voiced a robocall to AR voters urging them to vote no ... and it's fascinating.

Mike

I'm Transgender and I use the men's bathroom and it's this kind of ignorance that makes it a terrifying experience every time I use a public bathroom. I barely got out of a women's bathroom without stares before I started my transition; God forbid I walk into a women's bathroom now that I pass as male. I'm just saying, I'm not looking for special treatment, just the right to go take a piss and not worry about some hillbilly **** either raping or beating the **** out of me. Or the right to be out and not worry about being fired or evicted due to my gender identity. I don't know how you make the jump from crossdressing pedophile to legitimate transgender person just living their lives. People are so ignorant. UGH!

Judy

This dumb a$$ should worry more about her perverted husband. What a creeper. Wouldn't leave my kids alone with him for 30 seconds!!

AllieFrid

This family is completely nuts and act like robots. I pray to God that none of her children are gay, they would have a hell of a time loving them if so. I can't even watch this shoe because I feel that the brainwashing is sickening. Those kids can't think for themselves.

Jah36

No sane person would want this. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A "TRANSGENDER." There are two and ONLY two sexes, and except for the vanishingly small fraction of the population who are born with legitimate genetic sexual abnormalities, a person is exactly the sex his or her genitalia would indicate, and that his or her XY or XX chromosomes confirm. This remains true no matter what clothing choices, hormone therapy, or surgical alteration he or she might undertake to deny that reality.

A man who thinks he is a "woman in a man's body" is mentally ill. He (or a woman in the opposite situation) is suffering a serious delusion, as assuredly as the 80-pound anorexic who thinks she is still too fat despite all the evidence to the contrary. It is as unethical to humor these delusions (or for a physician to take part in mutilating people, to help them disguise themselves as the opposite sex) as it would be to encourage the anorexic to diet, or for a doctor to perform liposuction on her.

As mentally ill people, so-called "transgenders" deserve not hostility, but compassion (at least for their condition, though not necessarily any effort to characterize it as "normal.") However, that does not mean we should accommodate their fantasies; a big part of that compassion should take the unwelcome form of our refusing to honor such a person's "choice." Our disdain should be reserved more for the politically-correct liberal idiots (like TMZ staff) who indulge and reinforce their delusions by trying to legitimize their unfortunate self-deceptions.

palermo

I don't agree with most of her life, but I do agree with her on this one. My first day at a job I was in a stall in the ladies room and heard this very deep male voice. When I came out there was another employee, about 6'5" wearing a dress. I was very uncomfortable. The weird thing is this person used to be a Miami cop and was now a "woman" who lived as a lesbian. No way in a million years did this person look female.

seanbperiod

How is this AT ALL surprising? She's a woman barefoot in the kitchen popping out children left and right because she has ultra-conservative values. This isn't news.

seriously?

She Doesn't Seem To Be Out Of Line & Has A Fair Point. Just Something To Stir Up Controversy & Get People Arguing. Some Will Be For The Law & Some Against It. Why Is This That Surprising..

shanice

Just like they have family restrooms, they should have unisex - private restrooms, and that will solve the issue.
I don't usually agree with religious nuts, but I agree with Michelle here. However, she probably would like to know that 85 % of pedophiles are white/straight/family men, just like her husband. (no offense)

makethemgoaway

Quick! Ask her to name all her kids and 3 facts about each. This breeder knows nothing of which she speaks. Just listen to the tape. Ignore her.

Timmy Boy

She is right!!

Scot

I have to agree.... sadly, it is a not a safe world anymore...

Morton Lipshitz

As in the days before the Flood!

Roe

It's not often I find myself agreeing with the Duggars, but I do on this issue. If your genitalia is male, use the men's room, and if it's female use the ladies'. Easy peasy.

stupidfamouspeople

I think this family is so bizarre...she must sneeze and a kid falls out of her. But she does make a point...but you also have to think of people who are transgender too.. she doesn't like them because they aren't going by the bible.

xMCREFx

I support LGBT rights... but this is stupid. Whatever gender you turn into should be it. You turned into a woman. You're a woman now. Move to Texas, buy a house and get your driver's license, you're a Texan. No take backs. Lol