Samsung Sued Your Phone Blew Up On My Crotch

10/4/2016 9:09 AM PDT

Samsung Sued After Phone Blew Up On Man's Crotch

EXCLUSIVE

Samsung's new Galaxy smartphone is the bomb to at least one consumer who says the thing scorched his groin while he was sleeping.

Michael Taylor is suing Samsung over its new Galaxy Note 7, which blew up and caught fire on his bed in the dead of night ... according to the docs. Taylor says the hotline burned his crotch, legs and sheets.

In the docs, obtained by TMZ, he says he had no idea the phone had a defective battery susceptible to overheating and exploding. About a month after he bought it, he was charging the phone overnight and says he woke up to find it "shooting flames" ... which caused 1st, 2nd and 3rd degree burns. 

Samsung had issued a recall earlier in September -- before the alleged fire -- but Michael says the phone should never have been sold to him in the first place.