Nick and Vanessa on 'TRL':

The Anti-Chemistry

7/26/2006 8:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Nick Lachey made a much-anticipated appearance on MTV's "Total Request Live" this afternoon with current squeeze Vanessa Minnillo co-hosting, and the chemistry was crackling -- between Nick and co-host Damien Fahey, that is.

Despite the fact that the two were just laying it on one another thick and heavy at New York's Butter nightclub the other night, Nick and Vanessa barely looked at each other during Lachey's appearance on the show, and no physical contact between the two was noted even when Vanessa passed just in front of Nick on the way to look out the window. What's more, their one moment of banter, when Minnillo made the observation that Nick is "everywhere," inspired a deeply awkward response from Nick.

Indeed, Nick, who was premiering his new video, left Vanessa (and the audience) wanting, much as he did Monday afternoon at a Manhattan restaurant, when, despite her best efforts, she couldn't get Nick to give her a kiss.

Nick did, at Fahey's considerable urging, plant one on a very happy mother who, somewhat creepily, came to the show with her daughter, and who said she'd been a fan of Nick's "gorgeous" face since he was in 98°.

Dee

I have to agree with #15 they are two beautiful young ladies and I personally adore the two. I was really upset when Nick and Jessica broke up because I look up to them and they reminded me of my relationship (kind of). You can tell Vanessa is happy with Nick and of course Nick will always love Jessica that was his wife once.

Jo

That Vanessa is NOTHING next to Jessica!!!! She looks likes she's trying too hard to catch his attention. But Nick is still in LOVE with Jessica!!!! No doubt about that

Karen

Why are people so MEAN !!! Give the guy a break, Jessica had someone good who truly loves her but chose to slut (not Ness) than a wife....common on!!

gloria clark

you people are crazy for calling a woman a slut and saying things about a person
you only see on tv. Why don't you call Paris Hilton a slut, Vanessa has not exposed herself with every man in hollywood and sex tapes. Jessica left Nick
he didn't leave her. I pray he gets love and a child like he wants.glo609

gloria clark

you people are crazy, talking about a woman you only see on tv. Why would you
call her a slut! Call Paris Hilton a slut , not someone who is not exploiting herself
all over tv.Jessica is no angel, she broke it off not Nick! yes he loved her but it
wasn't what she wanted. now you people are talking about a person who might actually love him in a bad way. That's totally wrong.
glo609

lalala

Hmmm, no chemistry, eh? Doesn't surprise me. Chemistry between f**k buddies usually doesn't make it in the light of day...

abby

He's still in love with Jessica.

Sage

Okay maybe you didn't see what I saw. I TIVO'd and watched once. There is definately something between these two. Let's face it. There is not denying the chemistry. They look like they are in love. I'm a woman and I can read these things. There's something beyond the rebound stuff.

Larry 'The Cable Guy'

#2 - Okay maybe you didn't see what I saw. I TIVO'd and watched once. There is definately something between these two.

Just because you believe it, that dosen't make it REAL - you CRAZY!!!

This Minnillo is CRAP, she will never be JESSICA - and Nick knows IT!!!

You can't compare Princess Lea (Jessica Simpson) with a Flying Roache (Vanessa)!!!

Check it @

Check it @

Whatever

Maybe they were trying to keep in professional and focus on Nick's music not his relationship with Vanessa. Who knows?

Lori

Vanessa is just a fall back girl for now. Nick likes his less meaty and light.
Go back to Derek Jeter dumb bitch. You think Nikck will marry you? You are just as needy as Jessahoe!!!!!!!

LetHerKillHerself

Larry The Cable Guy shut your retarded trap

Yong

I think they may be in love , but just keep it in a professional way. I do hope Nike find someone who is loyal, simple and honest and I don't think Jessica does have these qualities( or anymore)

Yong

Mayve they are in love and keep in professional ways. I hope Nick the best.

Alex

i wouldnt b suprised after what happened at lunch when nick resisted vanessa attempt for a public kiss. hes still trying to keep the relationship on the downlow. hes jus not yet comfortable being in public with a new girl so jus give em time and eventually he'll b more open with his feelings towards vanessa. for ppl who say hes trying to make jessica jealous, it is probably not the case because if it were he woulda given in to vanessa throwing herself at him.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments