Candy

May Net $130 Mil That Tori Won't Get

8/31/2006 9:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The stakes in the Candy Spelling – Tori Spelling war just got a lot higher. The buzz in Beverly Hills real estate offices is that Candy Spelling has unloaded her 56,000 square-foot Holmby Hills mansion for a cool $130 million, and that the new buyer is an Arab prince.

The cash flow influx would likely fan the flames in the ever-escalating feud. Several well-connected Beverly Hills realtors and a prominent socialite tell TMZ about the swirl of conversation on Wednesday. The inside word is that, as TMZ first reported and as Candy's reps denied, Aaron's widow gave an upscale real estate company a "pocket listing" on the mansion and that her asking price was $150 million.

Now, the buzz is that Candy will quietly walk away with a boatload of cash, which will surely irk the soon-to-be cash-poor Tori. Candy Spelling's rep told TMZ, "It is not true, and she is not selling the house to whoever you have mentioned for the price you have mentioned."

The "90210" star was all but disinherited by her father, as she recently discovered in papers Aaron Spelling signed four months before his death. Tori reportedly will get less than $1 million – a pittance compared to his vast half-billion-dollar estate.

Tori and Candy have been at war with each other for months, clawing it out in the tabloids and elsewhere. And last Sunday, the pair were both present at last Sunday's Emmys, but even the occasion of an emotional tribute to Aaron could not move the mother and daughter any closer to a détente.

Rosie Says She Won't Look "So Gay" and "Scary" on "View"

Rosie O'Donnell claims she's never cutting her hair again – at least while she's a co-host on "The View" – so she won't frighten viewers with a closely-cropped coif that might be too gay for daytime TV.

In the October issue of Glamour magazine (via The Starr Report), the unabashed gab-queen says that she understands why her recent short haircut might have been problematic for her new gig and that rumors spread that "View" producers asked her to grow it out. "I know people were like, 'It's all right that she's gay, but she doesn't have to look so gay," says O'Donnell. "Trust me – I'm never cutting my hair again. On 'The View,' it will be long and luxurious, not scary."

What might be slightly more scary to her co-hosts is Rosie's evident discomfort with having to share the spotlight, which she's addressed in her blog. "I'm going to try hard not to be bossy," Rosie tells Glamour, "but I've only done ... my own show where you're the total boss of everything!"
Rosie O'Donnell Check out Rosie's hairy journey. Click here to see photos
Halle Berry Butch hair but still Hot!

Did Scientology Nearly Show Cruise The Money?

When
Tom Cruise got the axe from Paramount Pictures last week and needed funding for his production company, it may have been his beloved Church of Scientology that almost came to the rescue.

According to a source cited by MSNBC's Jeannette Walls, the Church's chieftains told Cruise that if he couldn't find backing elsewhere, they would reach into their deep pockets for their most ardent adherent. Of course, they didn't have to –- Cruise got a two-year financing deal from a group of investors associated with the Six Flags amusement park chain. "Tom has been good to the church," says the source, "and they want to be good to him."

Cruise's reps denied the story and the Church of Scientology had no comment.
tom cruiseCruise is hot on and off the screen.

Paris Reportedly Asks for $650,000 To Do Radio Show

We knew Paris Hilton valued herself highly – just not exactly how highly. Welsh songbird Charlotte Church says that the lodging heiress wanted $650,000 – the price of a rather nice house in most places in world – to appear on a talk show she's starting.

Church said the idea was to get Paris on the show so that Church could "take the mick out" – make fun, in Brit-speak – of Hilton because she's "such a complete airhead," according to MSNBC. But after Hilton demanded the crazy sum, Church ditched the idea, saying, "She's hardly going to announce anything world-changing, is she?"

Meanwhile, someone alert Matt and Jake – Paris has started hanging with Lance Armstrong, according to Page Six. The pair showed up at LA's Key club on Tuesday night to catch a show by the band The Vacation, and then left together.
Paris HiltonParis sexes it up. Check out these sizzling photos

Party Favors: Mariah Gets Blinged Out By Bruneian Prince, K-Fed Gets Record Deal, Knoxville Gets Sent to Mars By Willie Nelson

Before her New York concert last week, Mariah Carey was delighted to find a $4 million diamond surprise in her dressing room – an 8-carat diamond and platinum necklace and matching ring from the son of the Sultan of Brunei, who apparently is smitten with the diva. Carey, unfortunately for Prince Azim, is taken, as Page Six notes ... Kevin Federline has apparently weathered the critical drubbing he took after his Teen Choice Awards performance to get a record distribution deal from Sony BMG, as announced Wednesday. Of course, it probably doesn't hurt that his wife Britney is one of the company's top earners ... "Jackass" star Johnny Knoxville, not generally known for his prudence and careful consideration, actually regrets doing something: As he tells Playboy magazine (via Rush & Molloy), he once smoked pot with country legend Willie Nelson and got so high that he called Nelson the next day and said, "'Thanks a lot, Willie. I was on [bleeping] Mars for six hours.' Nothing could have made him any happier."
Mariah CareyMariah loves to change her look.

Carla

Tori should get her share of her fathers estate. How her mother feels should not matter. Candy doesn't like who her daughter married. So what get over it. That is her choice. Less than a million dollars. That is an insult. Tori is a blood relative of her fathers, her mother is only related to her father by marriage.

Patsy

Fighting over money........aaahhh the root to all evil. It is far more common than people think, especially among siblings. When my mother passed on everything was left to my Dad. And when my Dad passed on....anything he had got passed on to the children. And that is the most common form of estate settlement I believe --I am wondering why Tori is getting anything at this point.

But I do feel bad for Tori -- to have your own mother -- do everything possible to leave you nothing is a very hurtful, degrading experience. It almost seems like there is something that occurred between Tori and Daddy that has her mother really, really mad. It does not make sense to me -- how a mother could be so hard nose (angry) towards her own daughter -- just over money.
My message to mom would be:
Candy -- you can't take the money with ya honey! And a couple of million to Tori is not going to dip into your pocket that deeply.

April

I feel terrible for Tori Spelling that is her fathers estate
and that women Cindy is a terrible person.

EBZ

Forget ANY of the ignorant and retarded and uneccessarily hateful comments about Tori Spelling because simply put her mother isn't sh-t. Disgusting, purely trifling.

lea

First of all, Candy is a c*nt.... and b) Tom Cruise gets uglier every day....and last but not least Paris...where to begin? Does she always have to mouth hanging open waiting for any Tom's Dick is Hairy that passes by to drop his hog in?

RM

I feel more sorry for Tori that she inherited her mother's looks...no wonder she has undergone surgery and other cosmetic procedures. Candy Spelling probably regrets the day she gave birth but she may regret meeting the real estate dude that turned her against her family...her daughter especially.

SilkNDenim

I have never particularly been a Tori Spelling fan at all. However, I read that she is generous and cares about animals and is a giving person. Whether it is true or not, I tend to believe it. I think it is despicable the way her mother has treated her. Tori has lost her father, and this is not a good time for her mother to have catfights with Tori about a piece of land. Tori, in my opinion, has just become an orphan in the world. Yes, it would be sad if Tori ended up poor, but I genuinely don't think she will. I hope Tori will remember this: just remember that money isn't everything in life, and if people want to cheat you out of things, their karma is bound to catch up with them in one way or another, so keep on doing your best to get through. I am sure your husband will support you and not let you be homeless. Riches are not worth fighting family over. Move away from it and move forward; it will make you a wiser person. Good luck. Sometimes it is friends rather than family who turn out to be your true friends in life.

shelia

I would love to see them broke,PAris & the spelling anyone on TV they think they are better than anyone & they all make me sick.I live in a double wide & im proud of it..........

Vanessa

wow DEANNE, and all other people defending tori, you are really stupid. you don't even know her and yet you defend her. wow normal people work; not inherit money.

Rane

Tori has always looked like an accident waiting to happen. Unfortunately it took the death of her father to see her true colors. Apparently all Tori cared about all those years was the money. Kudos to Candy for dishing out what Tori needed a LONG time ago! Tori's an adult and should be making her own way in life. She lived off of daddy WAY too long!

my own opinion!

If you ask me Candy is a GREEDY biotch!

It's too bad the family has to fight over Aaron's money, GOD knows there's plenty of it to go around!

It appears from her actions that Candy only married Aaron for his money!!!! What a greedy bitch!

IRENE MEROLA

I think Candy Spelling is a whitch, and she should be ashamed of herself, putting her daughter through all the stress and humiliation she has been since the death of her husband. Tori will do just fine! And her mother will regret everything she's doing to her own daughter . Remember this Candy, he who laughs last, laughs best! Thank You, Irene Merola

lisa

She has been in enough shows to have her own money. She has no talent and is only in show business because of her daddy. No matter what she inherits she will still be very rich. So, NO I do not feel bad for her at all.

Lexi

who gives a rat's hiney?

Patricia

Candy, Tori, Rosie, Paris -- when did we become so obsessed with a bunch of worthless, obnoxious, ugly twits? I can't stand any of these women; they are the lowest common denominator, regardless of how much money they have. They shoud be packed off to the Ninth Ward or Gitmo for a couple of weeks.