Rosie Plumps For Tom on "View"

9/6/2006 6:24 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Yesterday, Rosie was giving away cruises. Today, she was standing up for them.

On Day Two of the Rosie Era on "The View," the show's newest co-host stepped up to defend her oft-proclaimed favorite male actor Tom Cruise, professing her love for him -- "He's the perfect man" -- despite his public stance against antidepressants. "I don't care what he thinks about antidepressants," said Rosie, displaying the Vanity Fair with baby Suri's pictures, "I still love him." O'Donnell has been vocal about her own use of pharmaceuticals, and -- as she informed us yesterday -- has been taking them faithfully, whereupon Joy wondered aloud what might happen if she stopped taking the drugs.

Rosie also suggested that the new "Survivor -- which is being divided by ethnicities -- should add a fifth team of mixed race bound by homosexuality, because, as she explained, "Gay people always win [reality shows]."

Linda

She Cruise and Michael Jackson all have a lot in common. What a freak show!!!

edonline

I wonder how Rosie feels about Tommy's "church"'s view on homosexuality. I suppose in Rosie's view one should simply disregard everything about a celebrity that they don't like in order to keep their idolization alive.

steve

GO ROSIE GO ROSIE

WORK IT GIRL

RUN THAT SHOW

South Florida

WHO CARES???????? The view is HISTORY.......has been since Meredith and Star left. VIEW, VIEW.........please just GO AWAY.

Pat

Please give us a break, enough already. Gay life styles down our throats every day. Is this what Rosie is adding to the View? How in the world does Joy and Elisabetha take it? If this is the new direction for the show, count me gone! I have had enough. Can this gastric-by-pass needing idiot get through one show with out talking about Lesbians, or gays? How would viewers like it if Joy or Elisabeth talked publically about there marriages or male partners daily. Come-on have some respect and dignity. Some that fat Lesbo doesn't have.

New One

We need to ship all the gays to there own island and then nuke it.

steve

EAT MY BUTT #5

Teresa

the view is a joke now.Really.And Im tired of the homos getting press.sick world in these end times.

Teresa

intelligent response steve the faggot

steve

Oh please.....Mother teresa

what are you so afraid of

sounds like a deep dark secret for
Dr. Ruth

Anita

What happened to Rosie's sense of humor? It is good to stand up for a friend (Tom Cruise), however, not everything should have to end up with comments about her sexual preferences. I liked The View because it was informative and fun. Now it is one more show with diversity added to a very tired audience. What is that one more gay won? Another cancellation?

Alyn Brodsky

She considers him her sister, so why shouldn't she stand up for him (pardon me, her)? (Rhetorical question). Two turds floating in the same bowl. Somebody flush the damn thing already!!!

Lou

You first, Bachi, as the king QUEEN.

H

I think Rosie adds something to the show. I loved Meradeth and Starr....However,
Elizabeth is so narrow minded. I think Rosie will knock her down...I for one can't wait to see that....The world has entirely too many narrow minded people.....

Rosabelle

Rosie is overbearing and interrupts Barbara frequently. I think she is a detrement to the show. She speaks when she should listen. Barbara Walters is too classy for Rosie and it definitely takes it down a notch!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments