Nicole and Brody Split

Nic's Heart 'Never In It'

10/5/2006 8:58 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Nicole Richie and Brody Jenner.After two months of trying to elevate their longtime friendship to something resembling a relationship, Nicole Richie and Brody Jenner have called it quits, but say that they're remaining "close friends." According to Us Weekly, Richie initiated the break-up at Jenner's home in Malibu, and the reality-TV pair – known mainly for being the children of Lionel Richie and Olympian Bruce Jenner – decided mutually to go it alone.

"[Nicole] felt it was a mistake to jump into a relationship so soon after her breakup with [ex-boyfriend Adam 'DJ AM' Goldstein]." Of course, according to her MySpace blog, as PerezHilton.com ponts out, Nicole already appears to have a somewhat slender recollection of her time with childhood friend Jenner: "I know there are rumors regarding my 'breakup' with Brody Jenner. The truth is, we were never really together ... my heart was never in it. Anything further is just a cry for publicity." Ouch.

Something's in the air, clearly: Just yesterday, it became public that "The Break-Up" co-stars Jennifer Aniston and Vince Vaughn had also split.

Babs Opens Tour, Ridicules Bush, Sings With Prompters

The original diva, Barbra Streisand, began her first tour in 12 years last night with a show that highlighted some of her beloved hits – and took aim at one of Babs' favorite targets, President George W. Bush. Streisand, playing before a capacity crowd of 16,000 at Philadelphia's Wachovia Center, took on the President with a skit that features a fake Bush uttering such lines as "I'm concerned about the national debt, so I'm selling Canada," and "If I cared about the polls I would have run for president of Poland." Now that, friends, is acidic political satire.

Babs also had to use a teleprompter to remember the words to her own songs, saying that she had been so unnerved when she flubbed the words to three songs at a 1967 concert in New York that she stopped giving live concerts for over 20 years.

Keith "Embarrassed" About Tree Incident

So he wasn't hunting for coconuts, and he didn't really fall out of a tree while climbing it. Rolling Stone Keith Richards sets the record straight about his fall from a tree in Rolling Stone magazine – and he thinks it's "embarrassing." Just to clarify the situation once and for all, Keith says, "I was sitting on this gnarled shrub about six feet of the ground. I was wet – I'd been swimming. I hit the ground the wrong way, my head hit the trunk, and that was that." Keith, God bless, but we still don't have any idea what you're talking about. Still, Richards had to have emergency head surgery – and face scads of public ridicule – following the incident. He's recovered from the accident.

Clay Doesn't Listen To Elton

Mop-topped "American Idol" runner-up Clay Aiken continues to do his best to evade questions about his sexuality. Rush & Molloy caught up with the singer at a performance of "Hairspray" starring his former "Idol" colleague Diana DeGarmo, and asked him the big question. They took a different tack – asking his thoughts about a recent warning from no less an authority on unveiling one's gayness than Elton John, who said that Clay will keep getting the same question until he addresses it. "I have no idea what you're talking about," he said, before taking off with the female members of his family.

Party Favors: De Niro Lays Out Dinero For New Pad, Maggie Has Baby Girl, "Knights" Get Pushed Back

Lower Manhattan's most famous resident, Robert De Niro, has finally found a place uptown – for a cool $23 million. The actor and his wife Grace Hightower, according to the New York Post's Braden Keil, bought their Upper West Side duplex, after a long search, from the ex-wife of film mogul Harvey Weinstein. Their new place has a projection room, not to mention five bedrooms and 6 ½ baths ... The world's most photographed pregnant woman, Maggie Gyllenhaal, and fiancé Peter Sarsgaard had their first child Tuesday afternoon, a baby girl named Ramona, reports People. "Everyone is healthy and happy," says Maggie's rep ... Much-anticipated ABC comedy "Knights of Prosperity" – the one where a bunch of guys try to rob Mick Jagger – has been delayed from its Oct. 17 premiere to give the network more time to give the show a better promotional push.

Add to: My AOL, MyYahoo, Google, Bloglines
AOL Alerts

They about to get paid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont worry Brody,you havnt lose much,if she loses any more weight you could have put her in you pocket,It was like having sex with a skelton,or an x-ray,shes a tramp just like her freind Paris,Go find a real woman,not a skank.I she talks like she did on the simple life,you aint lost sh*t,hopefuly you nailed it and thats all that matters.New reality show,' TWO SIMPLE SKANKS",they travel to Iraq ,they think they going to drive there

Cristina

Of course- naturally following Paris is nicole- what else was TMZ gonna post?

muybonita

I'm not Bush's biggest fan either, but I'm sure 16,000 people didn't pay good money to hear Babs use the forum as a way to get her one-sided political opinions heard. Shut up and sing and let your opinions be heard at the polls. It does this country more harm than good to publicly bash the president.

kathryn

Babs using a telepromter is hilarious. This proves she's old or just stupid.

paris hiltons and nicole richies biggest fan*hayley*

FINNNALY SHE BREAKS UP WITH HIM HE IS SO UGLY SHE IS WAY TO PRETTY FOR HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laury

Clay, Clay, Clay. Living in denial is bad for your health, you know that, honey, don't you? You should really listen to your friend Elton; denying you're gay is only making things worse. Everyone knows you're gay anyway. Take Lance Bass (well, not literally, Clay, although I know you're dying to); ever since coming out of the closet, he's never looked so happy and in peace with himself. And people forgave him, because he was honest. If you want to keep your fans, you should be honest too.

tootsie

5. Babs using a telepromter is hilarious. This proves she's old or just stupid.

She's old AND stupid.

Taylor

I know I might get slammed for this, but I like Nicole. Hate Paris, always have. She comes across as sooooo fake. I'm sure Nicole is fake sometimes too, but I like her attitude, and she's funny. Anyway, too bad about her and Brody.

Clay. Clay. CLAY! Enough already, we all know your gay! I guess it's your perogative to talk about it though.

Barbara. The longer we are in Iraq, the more disdain I have for Bush. But if I'm paying those kinds of prices for tickets then shut up and sing.

Who is Maggie Gyllenhaal and why should I care if she gave birth?

ROBIN

Barbara Streisand needs to keep her mouth shut about President Bush...hell she can't even remember her own songs. She is a liberal idiot who doesn't know what she is talking about!

rapt

to bubba: its HER heart that wasn't in it. i like nicole and she sounds more sensible than most of these young things who keep flaunting themselves in front of the cameras. why rush into another relationship? take it easy and wait for the right one to come along.

umbrosexual

George Bush should be ridiculed mercilessly at every given opportunity. ;)

someone

I don't think its any ones buisness what Clays sexuality is or is not, he doesn't owe any one an explanation, you either like him or you don't, either way it shouldn't matter.IMO

ROBIN

NOPE umbrosexual ... Bush shouldn't...have some respect for President and the effort he is trying to accomplish! If you do not like it ... get the hell out of the country and bitch about things there when you realize how good you have it here! Idiots like you are so oblivious! It doesn't matter whether you a democrat or republican...have respect for your leader and country!

Dimples

The president is a shmuck. Any time someone has the opportunity to bash him, they should.

lady mcbeth

Bush deserves nothing more than ridicule. This may come as a big surprise "babee" but respect is earned, not handed out like daddy's big bucks. You cannot run a country like a John Wayne movie - the continual reruns of bad decisions and ineptness get old real quick.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments