"American Idiot"? Try American Genius!

10/31/2006 5:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

graphic of a question markI heard a long time ago that Green Day was planning on turning "American Idiot" into a movie. Is that still happening?

Green DayMelody, people have been very quiet about this could-be movie for a while, but it seems as though it will in fact come into fruition.

With ideas for the flick pouring in, Green Day frontman Billie Joe Armstrong confirmed to MTV in an interview over the summer that "it's definitely going to happen." But don't expect to see the band members on screen -- they're leaving that to the professionals.

For more music-making moguls, click here.

graphic of a question markIs Michelle Rodriguez doing anything since "Lost"?

Michelle RodriguezAthena, Michelle Rodriguez is definitely making the most of her free time since getting the boot from "Lost." She is set to star in the flick "Battle in Seattle" with Charlize Theron, but we won't be able to catch that until 2008. When she's not filming, Rodriguez can be found working alongside Dara Young, her business partner for the clothing line Ishkadada.

To read more about her clothing line and to check out her website, take a look at this.

graphic of a question markWhat high school did Ciara go to? I think we went to the same one!

CiaraIt's your lucky day, Azucena -- you and Ciara did attend the same high school! Riverdale High in Riverdale, Georgia is something the two of you will always have in common.

The singing sensation, who recently turned 21, will be releasing her second album titled "Ciara: The Evolution," where she will be giving the world "music to dance to." Expect this follow-up to the "Goodies" album next month. For more music streaming out of Georgia, check this out.

graphic of a question markWhen will Jennifer Aniston's film "Room 10" air?

Jennifer AnistonDee, the initial screening for Jennifer Aniston's directorial debut took place on October 16. Calling the shots has been something Jen has been itching to do for years, and, well, she finally got a stab at it. While you shouldn't expect to see this short film in theaters (at least for the remainder of this year), Glamour magazine's web site will have "Room 10" available for viewing in the next couple of months.

Click here (and scroll down) for another actress who's decided to take a seat in the big director's chair!

graphic of a question markWhat are the boys of Linkin Park up to?

Linkin ParkMarina, the Linkin Park boys have been creating so many tracks that they can't pin down a date for the release of their upcoming album. The band originally anticipated to release it by the end of this year, but now it looks like L.P. fans will have to wait until 2007. Besides still having to come up with a name for the album, the guys have to make their final cuts on more than 100 songs they've created, although they say they've narrowed it down to a list they're becoming comfortable with. So stay tuned for an exact release date. This is an album you won't want to miss out on.

For a band on the opposite side of the creative spectrum, you must take a look at this.

Is there something you JUST GOTTA KNOW?? Submit your question here!

Click here for more "I Just GOTTA KNOW!"

CONNIE

Get a life and get your nose back on your face where it belongs instead of up someone's butt. As long as it doesn' invole or harm you or your family,who cares what,where,how or with who anyone is doing anything.

Matt

I couldn't stand Greenday but I bought concert tickets for my wife on her birthday. I was dreading the show but something happened: they put on the best live show I have ever seen. They are true professionals and they sound better live than on record. I'm not a fan but I was impressed and pleasantly surprised. The guys rocked.

Caroline

You all must be over 50. Green Day are amazing and you're just too old to know it. Not in tune with the kids, obviously.

Travis Bickle

Green Day are a punch of wanna be punks. I hope billy jo the fag gets spit on if he ever dares to come by Gilman St. He disgraces punk rock.

Travis Bickle

Amazing bands are the Replacements, TUBRO NEGRO, FUGAZI, NOFX or HAMMERHEAD on amphetamine reptile.

Green Day sucks. They are sell outs.

Mike V.

Hey Doug, Jeffro11 and Hank, pull your heads out of your asshole. The guys in Greenday rock and aren't sellouts. If you consider selling out venues of 20,000 or more people as sellouts then they are that. If you 3 losers weren't sniffing each others buttholes you would no that.

mike

I know what all the liberals are going to say after this comment, but Green Day should just pick up and move to another country if they feel the need to desecrate our president and soldiers in the time of war and to fight for the cause of people in New Orleans who had a chance to help themselves by getting out when told under no uncertain terms that they NEEDED to leave.
To profit on political ideas and BS like this is as bad as the things they protest... I say go "F" yourselves. War is never popular, but when you sign up to work at Mcdonalds, you may have to do the sh*t job of cleaning the bathroom or making the fries...

mike

By the way, they're NOT sellouts???????? They are a freaking punk band and have you listened to "wake me up when september ends?" The most bullsh*t sappy crap I have ever heard... Guys like the Melvins and the Misfits, the bands that they say influenced them would puke if they listened to that crap!!

Matt

BigMIke, you are an American idiot if you blindly support this president. Also, the Misfits are droning dorks with no point.

anthonysdreamgirl**

GREEN DAY KICKS ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gettheboysawayfromher

The truthe came out RyanPhillpe has been cheating on Reese Witherspoon with
an Australian actress and he admitted it and said this all has to end meaning his marriage, and Reese Witherspoon said she had no choice and Ryan Phlllpe's parents are devastated. I dont know whether this is better it came out or not for Reese's sake. Like with Jolie we all knew he left Jennifer for her but it was never ssaid this is.

mike

Hey Matt - I don't "blindly" support anyone. I happen to be well aware of the dichotomy that this war has created both in Iraq and at home, but I also understand that war is sometimes a necessary thing.
And for guys like Green Day whos' estimated net worth is in the $100 million dollar range to come out and bash the country that allowed them as untalented as they happen to be, in my opinion to be so blindly unsupportive is a travesty to me. I believe that you should put up or shut up when it comes to politics. If you have something positive to say, put it out there.... to tour around Europe singing American Idiot all glib and gleefull while you line your pockets with millions is bullsh*t and they know it.

mike

Andf by the way Matt, they are the ones who have Misfits stickers all over the guitar cases and patches on their jackets, so don't criticize me, criticize them... I'm way more of a Social Distortion, Black Fag and Motorhead fan myself.... isn't that amazing??? A conservative republican who doesn't blindly listen to the music that he should, but is open to all things??? :)

Caroline

Hank, those are great bands too. Calling Green Day sellouts doesn't make you punk rock though, sorry.

Matt

Like I said, not a fan of Greenday. However, I've seen a lot of bands live whom are unprofessional, out of tune drunks who waste my time. Greenday can actually play their instruments and they have talent.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments