Is Rachael Ray's

Food Network Show

A Crock?

11/8/2006 5:12 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Racheal Ray"Inside Dish with Rachael Ray" was a stolen recipe, according to a new lawsuit.

TMZ has obtained court documents filed in Los Angeles Federal Court in which a syndicated radio host claims The Food Network burned him bad.

Ross Crystal, host of "Showbiz Express,"
claims he contacted Food Network prez Judy Girard back in 2001 and pitched a show he called "Showbiz Chefs." The idea, claims Ross, "is a 30-minute interview/cooking show featuring celebrities cooking their favorite dishes in their own kitchens. Celebrity guests will open their homes to the viewer, providing a glimpse into their lifestyles, and the host will participate in the cooking experience."

Crystal received a letter from Girard on December 13, 2001, thanking him for thinking of Food Network, but stating "...we have no interest in celebrities at all. Every time we do something of this nature, it fails." Oh really?

In November 2004, Food Network launched "Inside Dish With Rachel Ray," using the promotional description: "Join host Rachael Ray as she takes us to the homes-and kitchens-of some of America's biggest celebrities."

In the first episode, Rachel visited the home of actor Dennis Franz and baked crabcakes with his daughter Tricia.

Ray was not named as a defendant in the lawsuit.

TMZ placed calls to Food Network. So far, no reply.

Crystal is seeking a minimum of $150,000 in damages.

MARYANN SCALPI

R.R.'S SHOW STICKS!!!!!
SHE SO LOUD, AND ACTS LIKE OPRAH!!! HELLO, SHE'S NO OPRAH!!!!!
I KNOW OPRAH BACKS THE SHOW, FORGET IT ,THE SHOW GOES NO WHERE.....
BRING BACK TONY!!!!!!!!!

wink

PERSONALLY I THINK RR SCREWED UP AND SET THE TEMPATURE A LITTLE TO HIGH". i CAN TAKE HER ON MEDIUM BUT ON HIGH SHES GETS OVERDONE .

MikeP

This show won't last. She's got a horrible personality. She had a show about all the great eats on the streets of NYC. I've been there and it was all hype to fill a show. I've eaten out almost every night for 20 years now. I tried those places she recommended and either she has the worst palate for food or she's a liar.

Shelly

UGH! Enough of Racheal Ray she is in the category of overexposed people. What is so fantastic about her? She is loud, obnoxious, and her head has exploded since her new talk show. I imagine though Oprah maybe has second thoughts. Her 30 minutes meals you can't accomplish a meal especially when there are steaks or any type of meat involved to complete a meal within the 30 minutes. I have tried and have not accomplished it unless I wanted to get samonella from undercooked meat. Maybe if it was all salads and maybe pasta.

Inside Dish with Racheal Ray was embarassing. Racheal Ray acted like a two year old giggling and screaming like she was a baby. I think that show lasted about one season. This woman is in her 30's and the way she acts is totally unbelievable to me. SHE IS WAY OVEREXPOSED ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

homegirl101

if she says EVOO...one more time I think I'll puke......can't you just say olive oil...like the rest of the world.......Well anyway at $18 a qt....extra virgin is out....o:O...

Ramsey Ray

I do no like her. She acts like she is giving people the golden keys to the Kingdom of Chef Secrets, but it is pitiful observations. She thinks she is so clever for having discovered the usefullness of a frickin' spatula. Screw her and her arrogance. She HAS TO BE THE CENTER OF ATTENTION, no matter what her guests are saying.

Lidia

I don't care for her that much,,,,especially when she uses those stupid sayings as Yamooo....Evoo....Holy gravy....I like Martha better,,,,calm ...collect...smarter......Wake up people....i really don't care for RR

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4