Chris Robinson

Files for Divorce from

Kate Hudson

11/17/2006 9:31 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Kate Hudson and Chris Robinson SplitChris Robinson has filed for divorce from his wife of nearly six years, actress Kate Hudson.

Powerhouse disso-queen lawyer Laura Wasser filed papers Friday in Los Angeles County Superior Court on Robinson's behalf, citing "irreconcilable differences." The couple, who married in December of 2000, has a two-year-old son named Ryder. Robinson is seeking joint custody. As for financial matters, TMZ has learned the couple has a prenup and that Robinson is not seeking spousal support.

Robinson and Hudson announced their separation back in August 2006. At the time, rumors swirled that Hudson was romantically involved with her "You, Me, and Dupree" co-star, Owen Wilson. Both Hudson and Wilson have denied that they're an item.

Robinson's lawyer, Laura Wasser, is also repping Britney Spears in her divorce from Kevin Federline.

Kate Hudson GalleryHollywood breakups photo gallery

Concerned about the real world

WHO CARES!!!! I am more concerned about the real problems in the world. Think about it...it's just another couple splitting up. Geesh, get over 'hollywood' folks. Be more aware about your own life's ups and downs. Take care of your own drama.

WHO CARES

She got tired of wearing a roach motel around her neck around him. He HAS TO have a huge dick. She didn't marry him for his looks and talent....

Off the Subject

I wanted to post to this and it is off the subject. I can not get help from the organizations that were set up both government and local so I going to look here. The news stations will not carry the story because it is long and drawn out but I have enough to write a book. If you are interested in helping a family for the holidays email me at Armyssg64@aol.com and if you have been blessed and could do more please let me know.

Thanks

Jason

All Hollywood actors are subject to the consequences of their own careers, marriage is supposed to be a partnership, not some exploited romp for the tabloids. Its a wonder that anyone could stay married for long under those circumstances.

catherine

My opinion they should of just lived together like her mother and kurt russel have for years .

B. Smart

99% OF INTER-RACIAL RELATIONSHIPS/MARRIAGES END IN DIVORCE WITHIN 2 TO 5 YEARS OF INCEPTION. IT'S A FACT!. MOST HOLLYWOOD MARRIAGES ARE INTER-RACIAL ONES, AND THAT'S WHY THEY DON'T LAST!

portia

tomkat will be fine if everyone just let them be.

Ricky Ticky Tock

Kate seems like a nice girl. I don't understand the hating in all this, really. Chris wasn't on her level and you know I think she knew that. Sometimes these star women downgrade on purpose so they won't be shown up or outshinined in public or be with someone who might be more dominant on a higher status. Now Chris can smoke in the living room without her bitching and sleep as long as he wants!

IMO, The Black Crowes sucked and weren't very original.

No Need For A Name

I was really hoping they would reconsile. They made such a great earthy duo. Oh well, best of luck to the both of them, and that adorable Ryder!

amberbrushetteisasleaze

kate your kid looks discusting with hair down to his but.do the kid a favor and cut it. hee looks like a girl. and find a decent looking guy.owen. come on please kind of yuck

kathleen

This is sad--although inevitable. They did look like an ODD COUPLE from the getgo.

Missy

You Know people in Hollywood should just not get Married!!! Stay Single!!!!!

Michele

Do they not use the words "For Better or Worse, in Sickness and in Health, till Death Do Us Part" in Hollywood when they get married.

You can probably count on both hands how many stars are on their first marriage for over 20 years.

I knew I should have listened to my brain and become a lawyer instead of listening to my heart and getting married 24 years ago.

The only divorce I am ecstatic about is Britney and that bum. Kate was way too beautiful for Chris, and Reese is too beautiful, too mature and too family oriented for Ryan.

Just think, in a year we have to look forward to Tom & Katie's divorce.

Damn, I should have became a lawyer.

Michele

#3, have you ever heard of spell check. What's disgusting is that you cannot spell.

Melissa

They reminded me of Beauty and the Beast anyways.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments