Halle Berry Record Hoax?

12/19/2006 9:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Halle BerryHalle Berry is one of those hotties who can do just about anything she wants and we'll eat it up. Whether it's an action film or a serious role, Halle lights up the big screen in a way few in Hollywood can. But, can she sing?

A rumor is floating around the net that Halle Berry is going to put out a record. A lot of people's first reaction is "Halle NOOO!!!!!" Too many times we've seen big screen stars pick up the mic and, shall we say, "not do so well." I mean, we all remember Alyssa Milano's recording career, right? Or, Halle's "Monster's Ball" co-star Billy Bob Thornton's? Ok, I don't remember either. That's because some people shouldn't quit their day jobs or try to "crossover." Is Halle one of them? She did play Dorothy Dandridge and Zola Taylor, so I guess it's possible she could be up for giving it a go.

The rumor has been beefed up a bit with a wikipedia page now devoted to the record. Of course, the wiki writers use words like "confirmed" and cite sources that do anything but confirm. There is even a link to a record label supposedly putting out the disc, but the link to the label goes to a non-existent page. Today, there is even a "track listing" floating around , citing an all-star cast of singers, producers and songwriters allegedly working on the record, including uber-producer Scott Storch. Even Storch's wiki page has him listed as producing three tracks for Berry. But, the whole thing may be a hoax. Storch's rep tells TMZ that they've never heard of the project and that reports that he's working with her in the studio are "completely untrue."

So, now we know Storch is not involved. That doesn't quite quash the rumor. The supposed due date for the release is in February, so we won't have to wait too long to find out if Halle has pipes to go with her impressive lung capacity. With two new films coming out next year, and a seemingly happy romance, I'm betting Halle doesn't have time for a record. But, stranger things have happened...

Virginia

I could care less.SHe is a spoiled snotty woman.

Jo Blo

Alyssa Milano won a Grammy for her sh*t. So I'd say someone remembered. How many Grammys has TMZ won? NONE, because they are sh*t-sucking losers with no life. Bottom of the feeding pole, you f***ers are.

Kevin Madden

Grammys? ha ha ha ha ha. Using a Grammy as a metric for what's good is like putting 'unemployment' on a resume; it makes you look even more like a f***ing twit.

steve

Halle Berry is one of the most OVERRATED actresses of all time

Message In A Bottle

Halle to me is just a sellout

getitright

alyssa milano never won a grammy. go to grammy.com, search the winners, she's not there. big in japan does not = grammy winner.

Jennifer

I'm sure Halle will be just as good of a singer as she is an actress. Why am I buying so much stock in earplugs, you ask? Well...

Ridiculous

How is Halle a sellout? Who/what does she sell out?

Jo Blo

Assuming I'm a Jap makes you a moron, my friend.

And yes, she did win a Grammy. That site is never updated.

Jo Blo

Kevin Madden, learn how to spell you uneducated f***. I'm sure you know a lot about putting "unemployed" on resumes, you hillbilly.

No one said that being a Grammy winner makes someone a better artist. Just that Grammy winners are often well-known. F***ing RETARD.

Jo Blo

Aww, how cute is it that TMZ is sh*ttalking Wikipedia? Jealous? I mean, I would be if my sh*tty AOL sponsered site wasn't getting millions of hits per day, $100,000 in donations and being constantly put on Top Ten lists.

lola

greeeeeaaat

AngelG.1

Everybody , including K-Fed, can make a CD why not Halle? Im a Clevelander and I've never heard a bad word, none from pretty , or ok, or ugly woman. And Im sure all the haters out there feel shes a sell out ( thanks #7 you are right) . Shes a talented woman, and took a chance with her own money to do D. Dandrige and I felt she did an amazing job. Dont compare , I love Beyonce, J.LO. was good in Selena and wait a minute , why am I defending myself to stupid board pods who have no talent and no looks and have nothing better to do but rip on someone and yes Im talking to YOU- #1,#2,#3,#4,#5,#6,and number 9. Peace and Love :)

Vee

I distinctly remember Halle admitting that she couldn't sing a single note when MTV did their "Making the Video" episode with Limp Bizkit. It was for the remake of Behind Blue Eyes for her film Gothika.

sean

that's so cool that she won a grammy. i never knew this. when did she win and for what album? would love to know. thanks.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments