Madonna's Got Rosie's Back

1/11/2007 2:26 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Click to return to TMZ.comMadonna has chimed in on the Donald Trump/Rosie O'Donnell war of words, and has come to the defense of her longtime gal pal.

The Material Mom, who co-starred with O'Donnell in "A League of Their Own," told "Today's" Meredith Vieira, "People are giving Rosie a hard time. I wish they'd stop. I don't think it's fair." Madge revealed she was on vacation when news of the public feud broke, and quickly emailed Rosie to get the real scoop. "I have to hear it from the horse's mouth." Those are her words, not ours!

Madonna believes that since O'Donnell is a standup comic, saying controversial things in monologues is par for the course. "I have a feeling that if every stand-up comic was penalized for saying politically incorrect or provocative things, I think they'd all be hung in the public square." Can you say Michael Richards?

Her Madgesty went on "Today" to plug her new animated film, "Arthur and the Invisibles," which opens Friday.

d-man

Another pile of horse manure defending Rosieho.............wait, sorry, madonna is a Ho herself!,,,make sense.

An imperfect human, unlike the rest of you

Typical liberal hypocrisy. They think it's okay to spew their opinions to the public, but play victim if anyone dares to disagree with them. Free speech works BOTH ways. Trump and Rosie are both publicity-loving blowhards. O'Donnell started it, makes me sick how she gets on The View and brings it up first thing, whining about how Trump won't leave it alone. She wouldn't mention it AT ALL if that's how she really feels about it. This hasn't ended because it's a clash of titan egos and neither is willing to let it go. Personally, I love it that somebody's finally flinging her crap back at her for a change.

As far as Madonna goes...*rolling my eyes*

amy

Yea Madonna is not my fav either but hey she is defending her friend even though her friend is wrong. Rosie should have someone. Why don't she just say sorry?Donald did a good thing giving that crazy bitch a second chance. I am glad to hear it. Now moving on to better sh*t.

donald rules, rosie drools

I don't think Rosie was trying to be funny whe she made those comments about Trump. She never once said it was a joke.

South Florida

birds of a feather as they say......MADONNA AND ROSIE BOTH ARE SKANKS.
REMEMBER MADONNA'S PAST.

I'M ALSO SURPRISED AT MEREDITH VIERA TOO, SHE WORKS FOR NBC NOW,
[ALSO THE NETWORK THE APPRENTICE IS ON] AND YET SHE SEEMS BIASED LIKE SHE STILL WORKS ON THE VIEW.
IF I WERE AT NBC I'D SEND HER BACK. SHE IS NO KATIE COURIC, NOT EVEN CLOSE.

heather

Rosie started it!

Donald is finishing it!

Maybe if Donald's job stated that he was a "stand up comic" everything would be equal?

Give me a break.....she started it, and it was mean from the beginning!

Amy C

Watching that interview was painful... it was so awkard.

tmz_fan

Hey, there's this bitch's fake British accent???

I hate Ros(ie) O'Donnell!

Lenn K

First of all, #5 what the hell are you talking about? Stop smoking crack! Secondly, I guess in Madonna opinion it's okay if a comic call her a attention seeking, can't make a movie, over-the-hill slut who used to be worse than Britney. Now that okay as long as it a stand-up comic!

Matty

Rosie looks like a cow and eats like a horse. I guess Madge is a great friend to keep close or maybe she is the enemy you want to keep closer. I think Rosie should stick to Racist Asian jokes and Anti-Christian Crusades and leave the Donald alone. Is Madge the dumbest non-blond on the planet or what?

South Florida

MEREDITH SURE WAS KISSING MADONNA'S A$$ THIS MORNING IN A MAJOR WAY.

I GUESS SHE HAS ALREADY FORGOTTEN WHAT GOOD FRIEND STAR HAS BEEN TO HER AND HER FAMILY THROUGH THE YEARS.

MEREDITH KNOW ROSIE IS A BULLY, SHE COULD OF STOOD UP FOR DONALD AND TOLD MADONNA THAT SHE THOUGHT ROSIE CROSSED THE LINE.......BUT SHE DIDN'T.

MEREDITH GO BACK TO ABC......YOU DON'T EVEN SUPPORT NBC NETWORK AT ALL.

Lu

I have to disagree with Madonna. Rosie might be a stand up comic but that's not her capacity on The View. She's not there to do monologues ( although I will say she does hog the discussions enough to be leading a mono-discussion). From what I've seen on the show, which I do watch occasionally but not religiously especially since Rosie came on, I'm finding the show to be more and more dominated by Rosie. She monopolizes (man, I'll bet I spelled that one wrong!) the discussions and really has plowed in with an agenda that's like she's ready to take on the world. She comes off too often as though there are two sides to everything, her side and the wrong side. Rosie seems to be too much a one woman show to be able to share the table with anyone else and I'm watching the show less and less all the time because of it. And while this may be all a ploy to raise viewership and the ratings, it's having the opposite effect on me. I'm no longer watching the show at all. If Rosie continues talking the way she does about people like Trump, Ripa, Aiken, Starr Jones, Kirstie Alley, Anderson Cooper, Tom Selleck, and the infamous Chinese comment (ching, chong, ching, chong), there soon will be no one left willing to guest on the show! I think the biggest failure so far has been Barbara Walters for losing control of a show that used to have some class. Rosie seems to be grooming to join Howard Stern on his show or to take over the Jerry Springer viewing audience. Too bad, The View used to be interesting and entertaining without being insulting and just plain belligerent.

d-man

and i forgot to mention two things:

(a) i am entitled to my opinion

and

(b) you are a dykehead. Got mess with Rosieho

Midnight

Hey White Christmas, Howard Stern HATES Rosie O'Donnell.

Never thought I'd agree with Howard Stern, but regarding O'Donnell he is 100% right. Also his opinion on Kathie Lee Gifford.

Wow, if I ever was stranded on a desert island with Howard Stern we would have a couple of things to talk about......

Glee (I'm baaaaack)

TMZ is being paid by The Donald to phrase the stories this way

"horse's mouth" very common phrase
"Michael Richards anyone?" - how can you even compare the two?

Maybe I'll start liking Mel Gibson now since TMZ are f***in hypocrites. I'm not jewish why should I care.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments