Sanjaya Buzz In Music Biz

4/4/2007 1:58 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

SanjayaTMZ has spoken with intensely connected sources in the recording industry about the Sanjaya craze, and it's turned the music biz on its ear.

We're told execs at Sony BMG (its 19 Recordings/RCA division records the winner of "Idol") are "really nervous." They now think Sanjaya could win the competition and worry that he's like the new Pet Rock -- the novelty will wear off and his records won't sell.

On the other side of things, we're told a number of songwriters in H-Wood are already quietly writing songs for one person and one person only in the competition -- yes, Sanjaya. As you read this story, musical notes are going up on pages all over the city -- notes Sanjaya probably can't hit.
American Idol typecasting: Click to launch photos

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Your'e Fired!

..............................................Yawn, Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.............................................

Rascal

If he wins this contest it will be a travestry! I'll never watch AI again!

Leigh

This is hilarious.

Tim

The pet rock is more entertaining.............GO HOME>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Timeclock

I can't stand this man! I can't stand to look at him or hear him sing! Please make him go away!

SK

This guy seriously SUCKS, I am embarassed for him when he sings cause he is so bad!!!! PLEASE America... vote him OFF

What the fck??!?!?!

Sagina Go home! Ha ha! Sagina!

moe

UGH!!!! maybe they need to limit people to ONE vote only----this cretin "sanjaya" is absolutely ruining the show!!!!!!!

shellyboo

I don't know why they are ragging on Sanjaya... I heard him sing last night, and I didn't think he sounded bad.. he doesn't have a powerful voice, but neither does Justim Timberlake, Britney Spears, J-Lo, Janet Jackson, and a lot of others, who, were it not for videos, wouldn't have a career in music!

He was selected by Paula, Randy, and Simon. Young people like him and are going to vote for him no matter what, get used to it!!

Malteselover

OMG-disgrace!

Texasrocker

The interesting thing about Sanjaya is that AI is to blame for the situation. Remember it was the 3 judges, Randy, Paula and Simon that put Sanjaya on the final 24 list. In the past AI has always prided themselves on the ability of the public to pick the best for the winner and I still believe that will happen this year. Unfortunately, more talented singers are being voted off since the media can't stop talking about Sanjaya. And it should be no surprise to anyone that Sanjaya's ego is no longer in check and he actually believes he's a talented singer. Personally, it would serve the executives at AI that Sanjaya did when the contest. Because the Brits behind the AI show have always been swarmy and self-centered about how the success of AI. The bottom line is Sanjaya has already hurt the credibility of the show and his continued appearance will be a thorn in side of the show until he is eliminated.

sam

Cool. I hope he wins and it's the end of America Idol. It sucks.

Marla

OMG! You have got to be kidding!! I bet someone out there sees Sanjaya as the next Michael Jackson. You have to admit, he does have that Michael Jackson thing about him. Personally, I just don't see it & don't get the craze. I think he's wasting AI's time. Its a shame more talented people have gone home while this no-talent kiddo keeps sticking around. This years AI is not nearly as interesting as past years. If Sanjaya wins, I doubt that I'll watch AI again.

U.S.C.

Go Sanjaya!!!

Tipsey McStagger

He looked like a stupid rooster with that hair. What is sad is I have seen several people do that with their own hair.......stupid followers!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments