Daddy Dearest

Supports Daughter Nicole

7/8/2007 12:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Nicole Richie's daddy Lionel Richie spoke out about his daughter's recent legal troubles. Nicole's DUI trial is set for July 11. She was arrested in December for driving under the influence and pleaded not guilty.

nicoleric_brian_14248245_400-1Richie told FOXNews.com that, "she keeps apologizing to me. I told her 'You're doing exactly what you're supposed to be doing to your father at this age." Talk about arrested development!

Richie-the-elder then blamed the media for his daughter's drama. "There's just so much information out there right now -- MySpace, cell phones, the Internet. If we had had all that when The Commodores were around, God only knows what my mother and father would have seen." Probably some dancing on the ceiling!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

Hater

I love me some Nicole baby! With that gorgeous skin color hair over one eye look and cute angelic face she is absolutely perfect!

Reality

Nicole is not the pap seeking skank that Paris is. Nicole's only bad judgement I've noticed is being friends at one time with Paris.

Kate36

Clueless, talentless, anorexic, knock-up junkie with money .... oh thank you so much, Lionel! Stupid SOB! Thank God, she didn't kill any innocents while driving under the influence for the second time ... she's a moronic waste of space! Hope she goes to jail and gets a clue! And Lord help us that this ghastly piece of idiotic, skeletal humanity is reproducing! I vote that "the blob" will weigh maybe 2 lb if it lives.

mary

so is father...so is daughter

Girl

Nicole Ritchie got issues just like the rest of them like Paris, Nikki, Lindsay, Britney, Jessica, Ashlee, etc...and ALL the rest of the wannabe celebrities who think they can act and sing. The only reason why they're looked at twice is because of the money. They're not famous. Who are they really in this life but just a waste of skin?!?! What have they done in our society that was morally great and influential? NADA. I have a college degree, successful career, and a wonderful marriage. I'm the same age as these girls but yet I have intelligence and the looks. I've got the best of both worlds. What do these whores have really at the end of the day? Just yearning for more attention because your mommy & daddy couldn't give you any or if they did, they have agenda's and intentions of their own. Get out of this world and do all of the world a favor and just die. LOL

getting tired of crap

#18
Spongebob Squarepants has higher ratings than Faux. As for liberal bias, when did you last see a honest grilling of the Republican presidentail candidates on any network. I watch the BBC for news. At least it's honest and unbiased.

LongJohn69

Ah...the simple life of a boozing, knocked up, slutty, anorexic and filthily rich "ho". The woes of the HOs are becoming unbearable. Teardrops are forming as I speak!

mickey

ready2hurl: here is some info for you:

Main Entry: ir·re·gard·less
Pronunciation: ˌir-i-ˈgärd-ləs
Function: adverb
Etymology: probably blend of irrespective and regardless
Date: circa 1912

per Merriam-Webster Dictionary - but I guess I'm still wrong b/c I'm a "dumb azz"... secondly, you must be one of those people who don't have an opinion of your own, so you pic a post and curse your way through your response b/c you have nothing better to say. I never claimed to be high and mighty, and I'm not going to apologize for the way I write. You're entire post doesn't even make sense, so I really don't have much to say to you except maybe re-read it and you'll see that what I am trying to say - it's his daughter, of course he is going to defend her. Now, turn around and get permission from your mommy to post, b/c I believe the age to post on this site is 18....

InMyHumbleOpinion

This is the first time I've seen any comment by Ritchie on his daughter. But then, I haven't been looking.

Lionel: Methinks thou doth protest too much.

The media did not create your child's personality; it was created by those who raised her. So, that would either be you, or staff to whom you handed her off.

Only the guilty feel compelled to defend themselves.

'Nuff said.