Prosecutor to Scott Weiland:

You Were Hopped Up!

12/12/2007 6:54 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Scott Weiland has been charged with driving under the influence of drugs with a prior conviction, and with an allegation that he refused a chemical test as required by law.

In a statement from Los Angeles City Attorney spokesperson Frank Mateljan, Scott faces "maximum penalty of one year county jail and a $1000 fine, and a minimum penalty eight days in jail (because of the prior conviction and the refusal to take a drug test). His car could also be impounded for up to 30 days. "

He will be arraigned tomorrow in a Los Angeles County court.

On November 21, the Stone Temple Pilots and Velvet Revolver singer was arrested, when he crashed his car while driving on an L.A. highway.

A rep for Velvet Revolver tells TMZ that the band's show tonight at L.A.'s Gibson Amphitheater is still going on as scheduled.

blackberry_curve@yahoo.com

Who? Who cares? He's an idiot!

Claude

Is the Velvet Revolver Concert still on tonight in LA?

omofmom

Just checked the web site. Still looks on man!!!

Enjoy!

I laugh at other's misfortunes

Charges will be reduced to driving while impaired. Is he hiding in rehab now?

Buster

"Time to take a ride, it leaves today, no conversation." Great lyrics for doing time.

HL

GEEEEZ. You figure with all the money the celebs have they would take their stash, their crack pipe, their Jack Daniels, their ho ("he-she" if you're Kid Rock) and get into the back of a limo or hole up in some cheap motel. But no matter what IT AIN'T COOL TO DRIVE UNDER THE INFLUENCE YOU FREAK'N IDIOTS.

Speedmonkey.net

i guess he loved jail so much the first time...

windy

dat sux.com

Frag The Paps

What a total idiot. He was one of the greatest frontmen around, but he just pisses it all away. I hope he does some seriuos time this time. He needs to wake up and realize what he has. I was never really an STP fan, but Velvet Revolver is really good. Does any good story start with " then I started doing heroin ". I just can't believe people are so dumb.

LR

They better not cancel the show tonight cause that woud be the second time this show was canceled, the first time was cause of the fires and I'm realy looking foward to this show. I love Scott DUI's and all.

Marlb Man

Wow, he really got UGLY!!! Not as ugly as Britiny Spears, but ugly just the same. At least he has cool music and isnt black!

shir

Who cares

HellbounddDrunk13

What's he on? he looks really bad ? heroin? or crack? The rockstar life can be very poisonus.

roughdaddy

throw his #ss in jail longer!!!!!!!!!!!!

The G

I actually work for the tow company that Impounded his car. I actually met Scott when he came to pick up is car. I have all the police reports and a copy of his passport. I love scott! I dont care what anyone sais.
STP ROCKS!!!