Scott Weiland

Is Going to Jail

4/28/2008 5:58 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Scott Weiland is Going to JailRock star Scott Weiland has just been sentenced to 192 hours in county jail for his November DUI arrest. This is Weiland's second DUI offense. He has until May 28 to serve the sentence.

Scott, who was not present in court today, entered a no contest plea through his attorney, Anthony Brooklier. The former Velvet Revolver singer was also ordered to complete an 18-month alcohol program and pay almost $2,000 in fines. He will be put on a four-year summary probation.

Weiland was charged with one misdemeanor count of driving under the influence of alcohol with a prior conviction, and with an allegation that he refused a chemical test as required by law. We are told he was over the legal limit of .08%, but not by much.

According to the police report, he failed the field sobriety tests and refused to take a blood or urine test. He was booked for DUI and released on $40,000 bail.

Not-A-Fan

He'd better keep himself together through July ... all of the talent in the world coupled with such stupidity. How many slaps upside the head and trips to rehab is it gonna take for Scott Weiland to finally get it?
But I'll be at the Greek Theater in Berkeley ready to enjoy the music! I've missed STP immensely. One of the most entertaining live bands ever.

mmmmmm hmmmmm

SLASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

carulina

SCOTT ROX!
I AM SO HAPPY THAT STP ARE BACK! AWSOME BAND!

Illinois person

So is that real time or Paris Hilton time? In other words, he'll be in & out before he gets too comfortable. Hope this pretty boy doesn't pick up the soap (if he's there that long).

NickV

This dude has prollems just like everybody else. Maybe he can learn from this n' get the help he needs? but everybody who's hatin' needs to stfu! if u don't like Revolver or STP don't listen! STFU n' don't listen! but for us that do like 'em n' listen he better serve b4 the reunion tour starts cause imma be P.O.'D if i paid for nuthin!!!!

campy

Sorry Scott. I was pulling for ya dude. Hey, look at the bright side....you're still employed and making truckloads full of cash more than me.

Cheers!

Darv

Why is he serving any time? Other Celebs don't.

G. Hallowgreen

As long as he doesn't cheat paying taxes it is just normal behavior in the entertainment business - something our children will learn not to take serious.

Why even bother to write about it?

pce068

Yeah, he better be great by June 24th. I just spent so much money on my tickets, that I probably paid for at least 2 hours with his attorney!!!! I just wish he would grow up.!!!

CarKrash

uh.... Are my STP tickets still good?

luvsweiland

I am super happy that STP is back together, July 2nd @ RED ROCKS will freaking ROCK!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3