Dupri Shooting

All Over VIP Access

8/2/2008 5:09 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has uncovered the real reason behind the shooting at Jermaine Dupri's party last night, and it's all about the velvet rope.

Jermaine Dupri Party
According to law enforcement sources, things got violent around Atlanta's Club Dream when patrons heard that members of the private security team were double charging people to get into the VIP area -- where stars like Usher, Diddy and Nelly were partying.

Cops say pushing and shoving broke out, and as the masses were being thrown outside, that's when a shot rang out. A security guard was treated for a shot in the arm, but has already been released from the hospital.

We're told the ongoing investigation does not involve any of the celebrities ... nor their entourages. So far no arrests have been made.

sickofKate

Some idiot shooting a gun because they didn't get their way wouldn't happen at a white club...I'm just sayin'...

Mik

"Slipp'in into Darkness"

Twinker

I blame Charleton Heston.

Lydia Layne

It's a black club and a gun involved. Wow, I'm shocked.

Dont party @ black clubs

I'm a black women and i hate when blacks get mad about the sterotype that revolves around them.
Everytime a bunch of blacks is together at some party or something. Theres always a fight or gunshots. Thank god i'm smart enough to know not to party around them.

dave

Why do these people have to put others in harms way. Why not show some class, why do you have to fight and pull out weapons. ANIMALS

Dick Pudenda

Sorry folks, I mean EMOTIONS - Apparently I am not only a bigot but I can't proofread my own comments.

T-Dog

I say you give him his gun back & ship his ass out to Iraq to fight for us that way, instead of over here shooting are own.

Adrienne

It's a celebration, fireworks in some neighborhoods, firearms in others,

ozzman

jackasses...

FlBiker

Now who could have planned for something like this?

FireEmAll

Im shocked I tell you. Shocked.

Jesse Pinkney

Come on. You people are so racist below. You act as if shootings don't occur in white, latin, and asian hoods. the whole world has crazy people and not just blacks people.

snotty snob

Dang. I was born, raised and still am White. Been to many clubs and some were I was just about the only non-black there and must have missed the shooting part of the night. Dang, I miss everything.

Tiger Tale

People, people, save some of it for the Democratic Convention!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments