Dupri

Parties With a Bullet

8/2/2008 6:12 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jermaine DupriJermaine Dupri is speaking out about the shooting that took place at the party he hosted in Atlanta, saying, "I'm sad this incident happened because it interrupted a beautiful and loving party. I'm happy none of my people or friends got hurt. And the party continues."

Because why should a small thing like someone getting shot ruin a perfectly good weekend?

This isn't the first time Jermaine has been associated with a club brawl. Back in October 2007 his good friend and fellow rapper Da Brat was arrested for allegedly assaulting a waitress in a nightclub that Dupri owned.

Another incident in 1995 turned deadly when a close friend of Suge Knight was shot and killed following a party Dupri held in Atlanta.

Tiger Tale

Do any of you black people here on TMZ know where the word "slave" came from? It was a Viking word. The Vikings had slaves of all types, even sex slaves. The word comes from the Slavic people (Eastern Europeans), who the Vikings called slavs, because they made good slaves.

Black Americans should reject the whole hip-hop culture BECAUSE IT IS DESTROYING YOU!!! The chains that bind you are all in your head.

looksittome

Most blacks aren't in prison but in prison most are blacks.....

Rustyvain

I hate stupid people that believe Guns kill people. This is not the case, in fact bullets kill people not guns. Well...I guess you could use a gun to beat someone to death.

I'm sorry the lithium has not kicked in yet.

Give peace a chance!

Aussie Mom

I just don't understand the attraction that Janet Jackson has for this hobbit. But then again she is from such a dysfunctional family I guess he and all his fugliness must seem a bit normal. I give him this he hasn't tried to alter his homeliness with all that plastic surgery that the Jackson family is apparently addicted to... but geeezzz he looks like a frog...

FATHER

MEMPHIS TENNESSEE IS NEXT

martinistopswithus

as long as janet is okay and her money continues his way, little dupri will keep it sweet!!

racylacy

comment # 12 by i'm not racist, I hate everyone --- love ya and your comment!!

spiritual memoir

Wow! It is a lot of hatred in these comments. I am very proud of the different types of music my culture has created, including hip hop. Yes, there are certain rap artist I do not listen to because of their derogatory lyrics, however I am grateful to have the freedom of choice. I don't own a gun, drink, smoke, do drugs, degrade the opposite sex, have children out of wedlock, live on welfare, use the "n" word, identify myself through material things or blame society for my misfortunes. Unfortunately, white America and the media never addresses or acknowledge the millions of African Americans who choose to live a decent moral life. It seems easier to generalze and stereotype a group of people. Maybe I am not the honorable person I have tried desperately to be over my lifespan, because like Senator Obama I also have jammed to some Ludacris tracks on occasion. I guess that makes me ignorant and a thug. In reference to slavery, the question that needs to be asked is : What character/moral of a person would purchase another human being to be enslaved for their own personal benefit and gain? I guess a good one.

Mr. Seaver

Thanks so much racylacy! Love ya back!

Mr. Seaver

Slavery ended 150 years ago, quit blaming us! Hell, the population of the United States was only 1/10 of what it is today. I don't believe in slavery of any sort at any point in world history, but greedy West Africans trying to gain power shouldn't have sold their own people to Europeans who were just as shocked that they were willing to do so. Read a book sometime.

Not A H8ter

Wow! What is up with all the racist crap??? This is suppose to be about people getting shot and their lives at risk! You people need to keep site of what happened and stop turning it into more! Geez! Just because they are celebs they aren't allowed to have a party and enjoy some time off? When us "normal" people want to party do we wanna party at home? NO! How about a converstation about the ignorant people that decided to shoot up the party should be the main focus! Someone always had to ruin a good time and put peoples lives at risk REGARDLESS THE COLOR OF OUR SKIN! I am so tired of hearing everyone talking about race everytime something happens to a certain race! TAKE SIGHT OF THE TRUE PROBLEM!

FATHER

all wrong..

NO SHOOTING. JUST A POPPING SOUND FROM SEAKERS.

Knock It Off

IN THE ARENA YOU EXPECT THE GLADIATORS TO KILL EACH OTHER.

sassy

WHITE PEOPLE FIGHT WITH THEIR FIST AND BLACKS FIGHT WITH GUNS .

PEOPLE WHO FIGHT WITH WEAPONS ARE NOTING BUT A BUNCH OF WUSSIES !
AND HOW COULD THIS GUY BE WITH JANET JACKSON ? SHE AIN'T IT ANYMORE

I LOVE HIS MUSIC BUT GET THE DAMN GUNS OFF THE STREETS . ITS RIDICULOUS ! FIGHT LIKE A MAN ....NO WEAPONS .

THUGlanta

Atlanta used to be a great city to live in. Now the only time it gets any press is when Thugs shoot at each other, which seems to be all the time. Every cool area of town gets infiltrated by THUGS and ruins the fun for everybody.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments