'Real Housewives' Kid Gets 240 Days in Real Jail

9/17/2008 2:35 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Joah WaringJosh Waring, the son of Lauri Waring from "The Real Housewives of Orange County," was sentenced Monday to 240 days in the pokey for possession of heroin and ecstasy and an intent to sell.

But here's the rub: Josh was actually turned in by his own mother! Apparently Lauri showed up to her condo where Josh was living, and found drugs on the premises. She contacted the cops, even telling them where her son's hangout spots were and he was busted the next day.

Guess that's OC tough love!

Rick

I have gained a whole new respect for Mrs. Waring. She made what is likely the most difficult decision of her life out of love to save her son's life. As a parent, I can't imagine going through the pain that Lauri is going through right now. I live in the same community, although not in Coto, and drugs are a serious problem at the high school and in the area. Good for her. Prayers are with the family.

Really?

Are you people really serious? Yeah, let's call the cops and put the young kid in jail with a bunch of real criminals and sit back and watch how many times he gets raped. It's disgusting that a mother would actually put her son in jail. Planning his own funeral on the streets? Please. This kid's jailmates are planning his funeral by what they could stick up his a&*

hot snot

Hey - ?.... I bet you aren't a parent. And if you are, I bet you just let your kid walk all over you. Either way, she did what she thought was best for her kid. He has a problem. she gave him chances, but he always screwed up. Eat sh!t

NYone

Yeah getting raped in the ass every night will help him for sure, good job mom..I am sure this will fix your relationship for sure..Maybe she should have stopped botoxing herself for a second to pay attention to this poor, neglected kid

Dan

I have a felony conviction for selling Exctasy and did 23 months in a prison camp. It was a horrible part of my life and was hard on me, my family and friends. I don't want to see anyone go through something like I did. Luckily, I did not have a substance abuse problem like Josh (thank, God!). I say Lauri did the right thing. Better he do 240 days now and hopefully realize he's going down the wrong path, than doing a bunch of time later.
And for all the chatter about Lauri being a gold digger. I doubt anyone out there would have much to say if they had a loaded guy chasing after them. She was in a tough spot and he came along...and it worked out. What's the big deal?

hahahaha!

I think she made a very lazy decision. You don't have a son using Heroin and/or Ecstasy and not realize it.. unless of course you are so wrapped up in your own pseudo stardom that you can't be bothered to actually be there for you son, disciplining him and actually knowing what is going on his life. Let's wait until he is actually comfortable enough with his parents non-caring to leave drugs like this laying around and the lets call the cops and let them handle it. Lets not even talk to the kid but tell the cops where he 'hangs out'. Easier to let the courts put him rehab I guess than actually have to take the time out your busy schedule to take your own child and get them help. Yeah, what a great loving mom she is.

NYone

If he went to jail feeling unloved by his family then he may not rehabilitate himself at all in there ..he may just get worse ..there are drugs in jail people ,,and he may come out of there a complete criminal what do you all think that he's going to some country club resort?

So What

Don't be so quick to say Lauri did the right thing. Here is a letter written by Josh to his mom after S-1 that circulated all over the Internet.

"No Mom I will not take back what i said.As for your retaliation, you think i care what you have to say about me. What could you tell people that you hav'nt told already? fact is your out of ammunition but let me give you a hand.. YES I HAVE A DRUG PROBLEM. That seems to be your overexaggerated concern on TV. So i will side with you on that one. The truth is mom you have been temporarily dumping me in institutions since i was 12. YOU CHOSE TO IGNORE THE PROBLEM NOT ME. Now do us both a favor and move on, I love you and always will. As for withdrawling my statements? KISS MY ASS. everything i said was true. You think i want a pergery lawsuit from you and georges glorious ensemble of attorneys? I mean you told the police last week that i was trying to kill you and burn the house down. Oh the things you could do with legitamite slander! Anyways, as you said to me 5 minutes ago i am dead to you and you have no son. If you ever decided to feel otherwise i'll be here. Love Josh PS if you think im doing this to make you look bad, your quite mistaken you do that quite well by yourself. My primary concern was liberation from the lies i told the viewers this season regarding my previous "incarceration". So heres me mom withdrawling my statements. i was not violating probation...it was not a mutual decision for me to go to "boarding school" you wrote a letter to the courts saying you didnt want me anymore. therefore you could date your prince charming. there you are have at him. PSS i have a court copy of your letter....want me to post it on the bravo boards?"

iloverock&roll

I wonder if this kids problems have something to do with the fact that nobody in the world does, and probably never did love him. I don't even think that Lauri would care if he killed himself, except it might get her some attention.
This kid needs to run far away from them and never look back.

Rene

Well, I don't think Lauri is all that great of a mom, and yes, she's obsessed with money and plastic surgery, but I think she did the right thing with Josh this time. To go from smoking pot to heroin and ecstasy in such a short time shows that he is really messed up and on a dangerous path to destruction. He needs to clean up and get sober now before it's too late. I'm sure being on the reality show didn't help him, but now he needs to get his life back on track. Maybe being in jail will straighten him up. Tough love is the way to go for Josh.

And I agree with the previous poster... not all of us here in Orange County live like the people on the television shows. Most of us are just normal people who work and take care of our families. These kind of problems are everywhere, not just here. I have relatives across the country who know kids who are screwed up and families with problems. Kids can get into trouble no matter where they live.

I do wish Josh the best - he is young enough to be able to turn his life around. It's always sad to see a young life wasted, no matter who it is.

Katester

I have always thought Laurie was one of the smarter cookies in the bunch. That's one of the only shows I even watch. She was a very hard working single Mom for a long time so her son was home alone...alot. Josh seems to have had a hard time with his Dad leaving him and maybe all the crap that goes along with that. He is now a man and has to make better choices or he will be in jail for life for one offense or another until he dies. This won't happen so long as his STRONG mother is there to instinctively protect the kid from himself. I would do that if I had to with one of our four kids. Way to go Laurie! Good luck with your bright future Josh, and always love your sisters because they love you.
Katie,some random person who understands : )

The Fuzz

Here is a myspace bulletin put out by Josh shorly after being busted. He was clearly a danger to society and needed to be locked up. He had many chances to clean up his act.

Jun 13, 2008 5:02 AM
Subject: To the media: F*$# YOU!!!!!
Body: And to all my fellow supporters... GOD BLESS

its a new day for J STAR

And not out of disrespect but if you can't grasp the positive changes im attempting to apply to my life... I most likely dont want you in it.

To all you that have stood behind me through thick n thin, your good intentions have not gone unnoticed. Your endless support and true dedication to my success are more than commendable.

and to the punk ass bitch that ratted me out....You have a painful demise to come. I KNOW WHO YOU ARE. Penai Death Squad knows too... your apt on (edited) isn't safe RUN RUN RUN!!!!

PS: I find the ruthless attacks on my mothers behalf immature and unnescesary. I am my own person. I make my own choices. She's the best person I know and you criticizing her for my actions disguists me.

Peace out
J STAR

PSS: to the Narcotics agents who planted evidence in my garage: I HOPE YOU SLEEP WELL AT NIGHT.

Ronda in st louis

finally a parent in that town is doing what is best for her kid and making them pay the price and take respondsibilty for what he was doing. This mom should be an example for the other mothers out there, yes YOUR kid is doing and selling drugs. No deal with it or they end up dead!

Hunter

240 days in jail translated in celebrity time as being.....2 hours 40 minutes in jail?

So What

All Houswives fans witnessed the difference in Josh's appearance, how he changed from a somewhat physically healthy, but emotionally troubled kid to a skeletal heroin addicted confused kid. The drugs took a toll on his mind and his body in such a short time while Lauri and not wanting to have to deal with her kids issues housed him in her condo while she was reaching for stardum and living the life of luxury. A lot of people get hooked on drugs even thought they come from strong families so you can't place all the blame on Lauri but she could have made her kid a priority instead of turning her back like always and letting him waste away while she hunted down her rich husband and traveled the world. Lauri will always be known for her self indulgence and lousy parenting.