Abdul's Obsessed Fan OD'd There Before

11/12/2008 4:34 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ Paula Goodspeed, who died of a possible drug overdose/suicide last night, overdosed in the exact same area around one year ago.

We're told cops were called to Paula Abdul's house -- either late last year or early this year -- and found Goodspeed inside her car, unconscious from a drug overdose.

Sources say Goodspeed suffered from "extreme mental illness" that spun out of control in the last two years.

Goodspeed, who was obsessed with Abdul, frightened the "A.I." judge -- LAPD's Threat Management division took the case and there was an active investigation. We're told lots of people tried to get Goodspeed help, but it was all to no avail.

Michelle

I lost a loved one to suicide. To say that those people go to hell, or are in limbo, is just ridiculous. Hopefully you people that are saying those things never actually lose a loved one in that manner, because it is absolutely devastating. It is tragic enough, without hearing stupid comments about suicide victims going to hell. Yes I said VICTIMS, because that is what they are. They obviously aren't thinking clearly. Don't judge unless you've been there.

leave the gun, take the cannolis.

A.I. has finally jumped the shark.
In an attempt to help slumping ratings, A.I. sent some crazed girl over to Paula's house for a publicity stunt gone bad. Paula was supposed to rush to her fan's aid and all goes well,...but the producers had a change of plans. They wanted her to croak.
Stay tuned on A.I. for a 2 hour special on the amazing clips from the deceased.

h20

What a tragedy for Paula Abdul, Paula Goodspeed and Goodspeed's family. I hope her soul can be at rest and that her family gets through this OK.

mary

it is sad that someone has died , but this girl was whacked from birth! I feel for her family, and they should have helped her. I'm not even close to being a huge fan of Paula, but it's still tragic nonetheless. Now Paula will have a whole new excuse for her FUTURE bazaar actions!!! OH JOY AND JUBLIATION!!!!!

Uhmm....

Reta - don't you think that is a minute personal of you to display your personal business on something like this site? Sounds like you need to see a shrink - I know - I was in similar situations as well hon. Be careful what you put on these sites hon.

chris

My sympathy goes out to Paula Goodspeed to her family and friends. She may have not been a star in Hollywood, but Paula Goodspeed is now one of the biggest and brightest Star's in Heaven. God Bless.

MMK

I just think that this is sad. Severe mental illness is extremely difficult on, not only the individual, but especially the family members of that person. I suppose Americal Idol will now be ridiculed for their mocking and editing of contestants. I am guilty of watching and even laughing about it, but maybe it's time that the show is more careful with the people that are obviously not in their right mind. I'm not blaming the show. It's just an observation. Terrible tragedy!

expenseroso

"Glad the nutjob did herself in before she took others out like some of these other freak stalkers do. I don't have any pity for them, drugs, mental illness, who cares?"

Congratulations--unsurprisingly, you've inherited your mother's psychoses. One expects such a histrionic lack of empathy in blatant trolling, but you sound quite serious. Please get yourself into therapy.

pie

Did Paula Goodspeed change her first name to match Paula Abdul first name? - yes. :: Paula Goodspeed may haunt Paula Abdul for the rest of her life. - An obsessed fan OD's in front of her home.

Paula Abdul needs to move to a new home where she can have her privicy. Possibly a gated community, or condo with double locks.

Johnny C

They don't go to hell. They die. People talking about the Bible and suicide are the real whackjobs here.

MW

Pay no attention to the religious wachjobs on this thread. THEY are the ones who need help.

lisa lisa

There are no winners in this sad outcome. God Bless both Paula's.

IdolFan

Its just a matter of time before IAN BENARDO also kills himself. One by One the infamous idol rejects will die.

Beth

Why it an overdose when just plain ole Joe dies from drugs, but when a celecriety does its it its accidental? Bull--sh-t

al loanese

I'D COMMIT SUICIDE TOO IF I HAD AN OBSESSION WITH SOME DRUG INFESTED SKANK IDOL JUDGE.....SHE WAS TOO EMBARASSED TO ADMIT SHE WAS IN LOVE WITH DRUGGIE PAULA....WONDER IF PAULA GOT HER DRUGS FROM THIS SKANK.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments